2016 plans

My plan is to find, hunt, and harvest a 200 inch whitetail.

I hope to go to Wyoming for antelope & mule deer. Maybe throw in a cow tag.
I might even burn my 6 elk points in Colorado

Montana general elk and deer combo. already got it planned out gonna be there from November 10-20th , elk will be first then will take a good muley . hopefully. :)

Well, a lot of my plans just got screwed...my soon to be brother in law just informed me that him and my sister are getting married September 24th and I'm in the wedding....ugh

Who in the hell gets married during hunting season? :confused:

It sounds like you need to have a "Heart to Heart" with the soon to be BIL.;)

Guessing he is not a hunter?

Well, a lot of my plans just got screwed...my soon to be brother in law just informed me that him and my sister are getting married September 24th and I'm in the wedding....ugh

Who in the hell gets married during hunting season? :confused:

How they feel about getting married at elk camp ? A high country wedding sounds great.bow in hand!!

'Can't wait to hear about the bride's reaction to Cushman in his realtree tux with the cow elk estrus odiferous essence on the ascot and the satin gaiters.

Probably some more pig hunting here locally. Always mean to do more spring turkey hunting than I get in.

Then heading out on a black bear hunt on POW with some dude from Montana that I've never met.

I'll be applying for a ton of tags in Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Idaho and depending on how those go I may be hunting a deer/elk combo tag in Montana again this fall.

Also plan on spending more time working on my land here in Texas to make it a more productive place for whitetail hunting.

I should add that I have a buddy that runs dogs after lions. If I can keep a few bucks in the bank and lose a few pounds I'll be after a winter kitty in a get undertermined state

As cold as it is, I may be ice fishing until august.

Spring Bear - Wyoming

Sage Grouse - Wyoming

Fall Rifle Deer - Utah trying to get my buddy his first buck

Duck/Pheasant - Wyoming and Utah

Draws - Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana

If unlucky in draws, I'll hunt Wyoming general season and look at an OTC late season hunt in Montana, Nebraska, or Idaho or finally do an idea I have been flirting with for a while and that is to try and get at least one chukar in 4 states in 4 days (Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Idaho)

PA
Turkey
Deer
Bear
Coyote
Small game

WV
Turkey
Deer
Coyote
Small game

I will be out west chasing Deer,Elk, or Antelope; I just have to wait on the draws to figure out the final details.

Big plans for 2016!
Turkey here in WI in April

In June I get to punch my coveted Wife-permit and get married!

Hoping to get plenty of bowfishing in

I am hoping my soon-to-be wife and another buddy draw black bear tags so I can help run baits for season in September.

I should (sure as heck better) draw a South Dakota West River rifle tag

Then the usual- archery and gun deer here in WI

February: bison in SODAK
April/May: Hoosier turkeys
August: Hank dogs Natural Ability test
September: WY pronghorn
September-Dec: whitetails in IN and hopefully KY for me and my sons
November: upland birds somewhere, probably a Dakota
August-March: preserve birds as often as I can afford
November-January: try my hand at waterfowl.

My plans for 2016 are to:

1. Hopefully see the transfer of public lands idea shelved forever.

2. Work to allow foot access to State of Wyoming Trust lands that are currently off limits due to "resource damage" and/or cultivated lands.

3. Work on moving the NR Wyoming elk draw to the same date as all other draws to save time, money, and increase efficiency. It will also reduce a massive problem with tag splits and allocations that nearly cost residents 400 LQ elk tags. Further, it will be in line with regulation and state law that says the Commission has to approve seasons and quotas before tags are issued (currently not happening).

4. Work to make recommendations to land management agencies illustrating the importance of migration corridors. Some new research is showing some incredible migrations in WY and working to keep the corridors intact is critical to the long-term health of elk, deer, and pronghorn herds.

5. Work on trying to figure out a solution to the various WSA's across Wyoming.

6. Continue to work on various RMP's, TMP's, Migration Initiative, MDI"s, etc. etc. with the BLM, FS, WYGF, NGO's, etc. to ensure the future of wildlife, hunting and public access.

7. Deal with a few "rumored" legislative issues that are going to likely happen here soon.

If many of these issues aren't dealt with, future hunting plan lists may be a lot shorter for everyone.

My plans for 2016 are to:

1. Hopefully see the transfer of public lands idea shelved forever.

2. Work to allow foot access to State of Wyoming Trust lands that are currently off limits due to "resource damage" and/or cultivated lands.

3. Work on moving the NR Wyoming elk draw to the same date as all other draws to save time, money, and increase efficiency. It will also reduce a massive problem with tag splits and allocations that nearly cost residents 400 LQ elk tags. Further, it will be in line with regulation and state law that says the Commission has to approve seasons and quotas before tags are issued (currently not happening).

4. Work to make recommendations to land management agencies illustrating the importance of migration corridors. Some new research is showing some incredible migrations in WY and working to keep the corridors intact is critical to the long-term health of elk, deer, and pronghorn herds.

5. Work on trying to figure out a solution to the various WSA's across Wyoming.

6. Continue to work on various RMP's, TMP's, Migration Initiative, MDI"s, etc. etc. with the BLM, FS, WYGF, NGO's, etc. to ensure the future of wildlife, hunting and public access.

7. Deal with a few "rumored" legislative issues that are going to likely happen here soon.

If many of these issues aren't dealt with, future hunting plan lists may be a lot shorter for everyone.

Buzz is in for the win!!! :D And he'll kill a bunch of big stuff while he's at it anyway....

Haven't decided if I want to cash in my WY points for deer or elk. Gonna throw my name in for KY elk, and several NM tags. Brothers gonna try to cash in his WY pronghorn points, so I'll probably tag along to sage grouse hunt and fish. Then SD to chase birds. And I'll wrap up the year chasing ducks, quail, and deer down here.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back