2015 MLB Pool

How about them Mets?

Definitely didn't see that coming. They have had a pretty soft schedule so far though, wonder how long they'll hold up.

Looks like I really nailed the NL Central :rolleyes: I thought for sure both the Royals and Tigers were in for collapse years.

The Mets surprised me, so far. They have some young pitchers with crazy good stuff, but it's a long season yet.

Randy11- You at least put the proper team in 1st for the NL Central... ;) Wonder how long the upstart Cubbies can keep this up? Some very good young position players, but I'm not convinced they have the rotation to be in the mix come Sept/Oct.

Should read, "A reason I love the National League.". :D

Ha! But the American League is where the fat guys can play!! :p

I got a kick out of Scherzer's comment about the National League needing to add DH before the ink was even dry on the contract he just signed.

Ha! But the American League is where the fat guys can play!! :p

I got a kick out of Scherzer's comment about the National League needing to add DH before the ink was even dry on the contract he just signed.
And I loved the fact that MadBum pointed out to the press that he knew he'd have to bat when he signed that huge money deal. Him taking Kershaw deep only raised my opinion of the man.

PS- Tony Gwynn and Pablo Sandoval made their bones in the NL, so it's not like the AL has a lock on portly ball players. ;)

And I loved the fact that MadBum pointed out to the press that he knew he'd have to bat when he signed that huge money deal. Him taking Kershaw deep only raised my opinion of the man.

PS- Tony Gwynn and Pablo Sandoval made their bones in the NL, so it's not like the AL has a lock on portly ball players. ;)

Agreed! Tony Gwynn....baseball needs more Tony Gwynn's.

LOTS more! Ever watch him hit during batting practice? I think he could have won every HR derby he entered. Though he didn't show super power during the game, he put them over the fence lots. He could flat hit it where and how he wanted to.

I'm pretty sure any Dodger fan under the age of 30 has seen the Giants WIN three World Series in five years. Without the Dodgers winning one!

Definitely didn't see that coming. They have had a pretty soft schedule so far though, wonder how long they'll hold up.

Looks like I really nailed the NL Central :rolleyes: I thought for sure both the Royals and Tigers were in for collapse years.

Well, I guess I called the Tigers I guess.

What a shitpot of a season to be an M's season... Just like every other season for the last 14. I think I'm a blue Jays fan now.

Well, I guess I called the Tigers I guess.

What a shitpot of a season to be an M's season... Just like every other season for the last 14. I think I'm a blue Jays fan now.

or a Red Sox fan, pffft.

or a Red Sox fan, pffft.

Agreed...but it doesn't stop me from watching them! The game last night against the Yankees was classic Red Sox V. Yanks baseball. Severino (sp?) looks like he has the tools to be one hell of a pitcher.

Think I ended up with 16 points, but it wouldn't hurt to check my math. Anyone else?

Think I ended up with 16 points, but it wouldn't hurt to check my math. Anyone else?

I ended up with only 8!! If people don't start adding up their points, I will be sending you a new hat!

Jeepers, I only ended up with 9 or possibly 10 points. Definitely got surprised by a lot of teams this year...

THIS JUST IN! THIS JUST IN!

Wowee! you put some prizes on the line and the competition gets tight. Looks like we had to go to a tie-breaker this year. Devil Diver Down and Oak both had 16 points, but it looks like Oak correctly identified the last place hometown team, and won the tie breaker by a whopping 15 losses.

Congrats Oak! Please contact our local prize promisers for your loot.

The (sideways?) scoreboard-

2015-10-30%2009.15.45_zpsdcf8e3on.jpg

The NL Central proved to be incredibly predictable this year, while the AL West was a complete disaster.

Back