NEW SITKA Ambient 75

2014 WY/UT regs are online

Hey Big Fin (or anybody else), do you have any experience with some of UT early season archery Muley units? My dad used to guide in Colorado and we were looking at hunting the Utah side of the border sometime soon.
Thanks

Hey Big Fin (or anybody else), do you have any experience with some of UT early season archery Muley units? My dad used to guide in Colorado and we were looking at hunting the Utah side of the border sometime soon.
Thanks

Sorry I am of no help. I've never drawn deer or elk in UT ......... at least until this year. ;)

Sorry I am of no help. I've never drawn deer or elk in UT ......... at least until this year. ;)

Maybe you should call your good buddies in Utah. I'm sure they can get their claws, I mean paws, on some tags there. :rolleyes: Just don't mention them opening their books.

I'm thinking this is the year I finally grow a pair and apply out of state besides just Colorado.

Cool, I will be getting my 1st Elk preference point and 4th Antelope point in Wyoming again..... hopefully one of these day's i'll figure out where I want too spend my antelope points, I think i'm staying in Idaho this year for once... I am picking up an extra antlerless elk here... maybe.....
Matt

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

First time applicant, do I need to apply for a license, a preference point or both?

Is there a website to view land ownership maps for free or do you have to purchase them?

What constitutes a wilderness area? National Forest?

Look on a map and you will some areas a officially designated Wilderness Areas. They are governed by more restrictive use rules under the Wilderness Act. Often some great hunting areas, which is why it is a bummer that Wyoming restricts non-guided non-residents from hunting those public lands.

To my knowledge, Wyoming is the only state that prohibits non-guided none-residents from hunting certain public lands; in this case, designated public land Wilderness Areas.

Look on a map and you will some areas a officially designated Wilderness Areas. They are governed by more restrictive use rules under the Wilderness Act. Often some great hunting areas, which is why it is a bummer that Wyoming restricts non-guided non-residents from hunting those public lands.

To my knowledge, Wyoming is the only state that prohibits non-guided none-residents from hunting certain public lands; in this case, designated public land Wilderness Areas.

Thanks, Randy.

I searched a little and found a nice map detailing the wilderness areas.

http://www.wilderness.net/map.cfm?x...25.7016&xmax=-12177884.2467&ymax=5717230.7821

WY doesn't have a separate license, just apply and add the point money if you want a point for not drawing. You can also forgo the point money and buy the point later.
UT requires a valid license to apply, but not hunt...
They have both license and tag for big game.

Back