Yeti GOBOX Collection

Southwest WY Cabin Rental - Area G

Wildabeest

I recently bought a cabin in SW WY, but don’t have any WY tags this year. So I’ve decided to rent it out during hunting season since I’ll be busy hunting UT and MT.

Main cabin is about about 1600 sqft of living space with 2 BR’s, 2 sleeping lofts, main living area with full kitchen and full bath with shower. Also has a separate 400 sqft 1BR guest cabin with kitchen and half bath. In addition, there’s a shop with 2 car garage and attached game room with pool table and bar.

It’s completely off-grid, but has 5 wood stoves, 4 independent solar systems, 2 propane heaters and a propane generator. There are two wells, but no septic. One bathroom has composting toilette, the other is a camper style cassette toilet. Roads are not maintained in the winter, so 4WD and chains may be required to access for later season hunts.

I’m still in the process of furnishing it, but it will currently sleep 6 people in separate beds and couches, and I hope to have it furnished to accommodate 10 by hunting season.

Cabin is located about 20 miles north of Kemmerer, WY. It’s on the east side of the Wyoming range, tucked in the foothills. Tons of pronghorn in the sage flat valley you drive through to get there (90% success rate on pronghorn!), and deer, elk, bear and moose further up into the hills. Tons of very accessible public lands with two track roads everywhere. Cabin itself is in unit 102 for elk, 135 for deer and 93 for pronghorn, but could be used as a base camp to access other SW WY units. Commissary Ridge is accessible via ATV, weather permitting. Alternatively, it can be accessed via 30-40 minute drive around to the west side via Hamsfork. Green River Valley is one valley further east and also 30-40 minute drive.

Here are a few pics. PM me if you’re interested. Asking $75/night, firewood included.

C67A4E2F-DAF5-45FD-8972-C9F6098FB698.png79ACBCF5-BD3E-43C1-914B-EABFE7EF21D4.png565007F8-F524-4F9C-8725-66958FDFD6FA.pngCB0D17A2-3C66-49E5-B2E1-F36D2DA26FA9.png2FE13803-BDF9-4DE5-A219-1169CB200A34.png9733F93D-90E6-437B-BE51-2DAC9BA1A1F8.pngC4D179F0-4D9C-4388-A32C-C4ADF66B3B96.pngFC23EB33-5728-45ED-89E0-DC49C6D91CC7.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the kind remarks. I agree this was a good find. The couple I bought it from built it all themselves over 25 years. They started with a 16x12 one room with a loft, then over the years just kept adding on. Super nice people with a unique sense of style. They were getting older and wanted to move back into town. Lucky me :).

I may have to detour by it during my elk hunt. Looks nice. Renting would be beyond my budget for my elk hunt. Costing me enough to survive the two weeks in the field LOL. But I would give my recommendation to others if it's as good as it looks in the pictures.

Good God that's a beautiful setup for a hunting cabin!

You planning on renting this out in the future, or just for this year when you don't have a tag?

I have seen a number of images of Wildabeast's cabin and have looked at it via On-X satellite. Awesome setup. Asking price is really cheap. I will be able to give an endorsement after this years elk hunt since I am hunting that area. But so far, this cabin would make for an epic hunt experience. And for me an epic retirement celebration.

I should also add that I did not buy it with intention of renting it. So it won’t be listed on rental sites like VRBO or AirBnB. I’m only offering it up to folks on this forum, and have priced it to encourage usage vs. making a lot of money. Just trying to give back a little to the hunting community here that I’ve come to really appreciate.

Cool place, very nice of you to offer! Wish things were different for travel, it would make for a nice, quiet getaway whether or not hunting was involved!

I should also add that I did not buy it with intention of renting it. So it won’t be listed on rental sites like VRBO or AirBnB. I’m only offering it up to folks on this forum, and have priced it to encourage usage vs. making a lot of money. Just trying to give back a little to the hunting community here that I’ve come to really appreciate.
I know I appreciate it. Yer making my retirement and hunt epic this year.

Back