MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2011 Wyo pronghorn

TheTone

I made the trip to wyoming this past weekend to catch the opener in the Wyoming unit I drew. I decided to hunt the same place I did last year since my dad decided he wanted to go and I was confident we could draw tags. Overall the amount of people seemed up from last year and I thought overall buck quality was down a little. I was also surprised to find a couple new roads punched in to go to a new oil well. The one road ran right through an area I basically had to myself last year as people weren't willing to walk in, but with the ability to drive it seemed to see constant traffic. I think if I hunt this unit again in the future I will probably skip the opening weekend and just hunt the first week to avoid other people. Both myself and my dad comitted some pretty bad judging errors and came back with smaller bucks than we could have, but we had a good time, filled our buck tags, filled some doe tags and got to hunt together for the first time in about five years. I ended up with a fairly heavy 12 incher, after passing on some better ones, but as I said this was more just a good hunting trip than looking for big trophies.

Attachments

• DSCN1262resize.jpg
    DSCN1262resize.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN1264resize.jpg
    DSCN1264resize.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 364
Congrats on a nice goat. Looks like you had fun hunting with your father and you were successful so it sounds like a great trip to me!

It's not always about what an animal will "score". Some of my best hunts have been with my dad and my two kids, when we filled our tags and when we haven't. To me, family is what is truely important, and if we get a nice animal, well that is a bonus. And from the sound of your hunt, it sounds to me like you had a very successful hunt! Congrats to both of you.

Nice goat! Since I moved away, I sure have missed hunting with my dad...

Say it isn't so Oak with out an antelope tag.I was looking forward to your pics already but i quess I'll have to wait to next year.

Congrats! Though I didn't hunt there last year, that road did mess up a few areas that were relatively untouched before. Next time say hi! ;)

Much easier to get away from those crusing the roads to the North aways...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back