2009 hunts

Bambistew

Did I miss the obligatory 'what are you hunting this year thread'? If not then throw them up. I know there are still some waiting for draws, but you probably have an idea of what you're doing reguardless.

I guess I'll start...

Lots of changes for me this year, probably the best part will be moving to Alaska and getting in a couple 'dream' hunts. :D I'm thinking moose or caribou and black bear in the late summer/early fall. Then I'll head to Montana in November to chase deer and maybe an elk depending on how the freezer looks. Toss in all the fishing I can do this summer and I think the 'withdrawal' will hurt pretty bad come December.

Hey Congrats Bambi on the move to the Great North. The discovery channel has been running a week special on Alaska. Gets the blood pumping to get up there someday. Hope it all works out well.

Looks like antelope in WY & CO, deer in WY & CO, elk in CO, bear in CO, turkeys in a few states, lots of fishing.... ohhh and of course the desert bighorn tag I will draw this year...:rolleyes:

Colorado: deer, elk and antelope

Wyoming: deer, elk and antelope

Montana: deer

Arizona: deer

And a few other applications out that have astronomical odds. But somebody has to get lucky...

Wyoming deer & antelope for both me & my boy

He should be a lock for New Mexico deer also, me, maybe, elk, ibex and antelope are doubtful.

No cc hits from Utah, so it looks like nothing there.

Will possibly do OTC elk in Co.

MT bear, deer, and elk. Most likely MT pronghorn.
Snowballs chance in hell at MT sheep and goat.
There's a chance of elk hunting in New Mexico -depending on the draw.

Will probably hunt with some friends a time or two, who knows what for.

Colorado Elk, about a 50/50 chance for Colorado Mule Deer, Texas Whitetail, Javelina, Hogs, Turkey, Dove and Quail. anf the occasional Yote, Bobcat. Want to get an Axis doe for the freezer also.

I"ll start out in August on a Bear Hunt in New Mexico. After I get out of the Hospital from a Mule Kicking the Chit out of me for trying to load a bear on it I will catch up at the office and Head to Colorado where I have put in for a cow tag. After my wife gets tired of saying "You know that horse was skiddish of dead things!" I will just knock around the old Deer Lease shooting Deer and Coyotes. Might do a Duck hunt if asked, do they make Camo Cast? John:D

Probably none.

Wait, I remember buying a ND archery mule deer tag. Oh, and an ID deer tag. Guess I will have my deer and elk OTC tags in MT.

Hoping to draw something in NM, WY, CO, NV, or AZ deer.

Hardly a chance for sheep in MT, NV, or AZ. About the same odds for moose or goat in MT. Little better odds of moose in ID, but much worse moose odds in NH, VT, and ME.

It seems I am one of the few guys with max antelope points in UT who did not draw. Not sure how that happens every year, but UT seems to have a pox on me.

If I don't draw anything, I guess AK moose and caribou will be in the picture.

As usual...

Whitetail deer-Tn

Whitetail deer -Ky...with dgibson...maybe if back to work by then :rolleyes:

Late season wild hog and bear-Tn with dogs

Hoping for CO deer and elk myself.

Also hoping for NM elk.

Maybe Idaho deer.

Probably time for a TX whitetail later in the season.

And a snowball's shot at Sheep or Goat in MT.

I've feel a sheep tag coming on! I'm not sure if it's in ID, NV, MT, SD, or UT.....

I'd guess I'll draw one tag at least in NV.

If not, I'll gladly hunt deer and lopes in SD, with a week of chasing elk and deer in ID.

Need to get back in the birds again too. My dogs are giving me the evil eye.

I'm seeing a trend with the kids getting older and more involved in that less time for my own personal play. Oh well, it's all good.

Not sure on all my plans this year because I have no guarantee's for tags this year. I'm pretty sure I will go hunting though. I guess if I drew everything this would be the plan for the year.

Idaho Turkey (This weekend)
Idaho Bear / shed hunting trip hoping to see a bear
Idaho Archery Deer
Idaho Archery Antelope
New Mexico Archery Antelope
New Mexico Archery Elk
Wife's California Bighorn
Wyoming Antelope
Oregon deer
Oregon Antelope
Oregon Sheep
Idaho Rifle Deer
Hopefully an Idaho whitetail for the wife. She really wants one.
Colorado Deer
Colorado Elk
Wyoming deer
New Mexico Deer
Montana Whitetail (wife or myself) from alternate draw list. :(
Arizona Deer
Idaho Archery elk
Oh ya I forgot about the super hunt combo I'm going to draw. So add 4 more tags to that.

I guess I do have guarantees for all the Idaho tags.

Oh and now maybe a Moose or caribou hunt with big fin if I don't draw the tags. I guess I should have warned Fin before I wrote that. :)

This year appears to be less exciting than last, but right now I'm planning on deer/elk in Utah and any antlerless tags I can draw here. That's it! I'm not in for any more draws in any other states. Springs like this are starting to get depressing...

2009 Hunts

Climb Gannet Peak, in late July.

Several backpacking trips scouting for elk, in August.

Halibut fishing out of Homer in early September.

Caribou out of Kotzebue, in mid-September.

Antelope hunting in WY, October.

I have 7 points for antelope in CO but probably won't draw a tag in the unit where I applied.

Elk hunting in Colorado 3rd rifle season. I have enough points that I might also draw a mule deer tag.

Not sure on all my plans this year because I have no guarantee's for tags this year. I'm pretty sure I will go hunting though. I guess if I drew everything this would be the plan for the year.

Idaho Turkey (This weekend)
Idaho Bear / shed hunting trip hoping to see a bear
Idaho Archery Deer
Idaho Archery Antelope
New Mexico Archery Antelope
New Mexico Archery Elk
Wife's California Bighorn
Wyoming Antelope
Oregon deer
Oregon Antelope
Oregon Sheep
Idaho Rifle Deer
Hopefully an Idaho whitetail for the wife. She really wants one.
Colorado Deer
Colorado Elk
Wyoming deer
New Mexico Deer
Montana Whitetail (wife or myself) from alternate draw list. :(
Arizona Deer
Idaho Archery elk
Oh ya I forgot about the super hunt combo I'm going to draw. So add 4 more tags to that.

I guess I do have guarantees for all the Idaho tags.

Oh and now maybe a Moose or caribou hunt with big fin if I don't draw the tags. I guess I should have warned Fin before I wrote that. :)

Holy hell dude...looks like the last 3 months of the year are going to be spent in the field!! Nice!! :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back