Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2009 Colorado Lope

Phantom

This post is long overdue. After being called out as a lurker by Dink, I figure I should spring into action.

After waiting 5 years, a buddy and I finally drew a good CO NR lope tag, the first for both of us. We headed out on September 11th to hunt the last week of the season. Needless to say, the trip was a blast and couldn't have been any better for these Iowa flatlanders. I shot mine the first day after seeing a group head to water....where the blind was set up. Not the biggest one seen but at 35 yards I couldn't pass up the shot at my first lope. My buddy shot his two days later in the early morning over water. We tried several stalks and decoy attempts in between, but didn't have any success.

Special thanks goes out to Dinkshooter for spending time in the summer on a scouting mission with me. Not only did he show the hot spots for the unit, he also had a sweet camping spot.

Mine:
DSCN0106.jpg

Buddy:
DSCN0116.jpg

Now, in regards to Dink's other comments, let's just say he kept wanting to "show" me the sheep herder's huts around the area. I knew better after working and hunting with Dink for 5 years in Iowa. ;) And, his current neighbor, that was just par for the course while here in Iowa for Dink's predatory senses.:D

In all seriousness Dink, thanks for everything on the antelope trip. Now, less than 3 months before I head off to WY.

Very cool bucks. Are you sure it was Dinkshooter who actually helped you? You must have some "goods" on the guy.

Welcome aboard.

Congratulations on a couple of very nice bow kills.Good luck in Wyoming.

Congrats on some nice lopes and welcome to the board. I hope to see more stuff from you WY hunt.

Nice job, and thanks for posting. Any friend of Dinkshooter is....

...well, we don't judge here.

Meh, not bad for a couple of corporate boys from Iowa.

As far as the goods on someone. I never tell people about the time I called a bull into 4 yards broadside for someone and they never even drew their bow...................ooopps!

You'll kill in Wyoming, it is a way better hunt.

Thanks for the welcome.

As far as the goods on someone. I never tell people about the time I called a bull into 4 yards broadside for someone and they never even drew their bow...................ooopps!

That bull was a least 5 yards! Not to mention an easy pack out. That still stings after 10 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back