2 weeks in the breaks

Grats, Buzz. Sounds like a great time.
I would expect to see that qty of bulls you would be able to get a good gauge on the quality and qty.

Always enjoyable to read up on your hunts. Grats again!

Nice pictures, and congrats on the critters. I'd love to get to hunt that country. Bummer the quality has dropped off so much.

Nice bull and an outstanding hunt. When you can add a little fishing to all of that, life is VERY good indeed. Congratulations

Well done Buzz! Thanks for the great writeup and photos. When is the musk ox hunt?

Awesome, congrats on quality time spent with family and friends! Plus the to great trophies to boot!

That was a good report and you got some good results...too bad the big guy wasn't there for you. Surprisingly, as I thought this would be a good horn year up there with all the moisture this spring, I have not seen or even heard of a single huge bull coming out this year?? What the heck? Seems like every year I hear of multiple 350+ bulls with a couple well over 370.

Your hunt sounds almost exactly like mine last year. I spent almost the entire season in the northwestern CMR and was seeing 2 to 6 bulls a day, almost all of them 6 points and the bigger ones 300ish. The first week most of the elk were on the islands still bugling and I did see one monster through the spotting scope and two bulls that were nice but not 350. I tried for a week to ambush the monster but he never came out in the same spot twice and I always guessed wrong. There were probably close to 60 elk on that island so I couldn't really move once they started coming out of the willows. I saw around 15 bulls that other hunters pulled out throughout the season and they were all smallish 6 points. I thought I would have seen more bulls in the 320 - 330 class but I didn't. It was an amazing hunt, though. I don't know why, but there's something really neat about taking a bull out of there. I had a great response on the forum from members answering questions before the hunt and generally putting my mind at ease as I was pretty stressed. It was my first time on the forums and I decided to stick around after I saw there are some really stand up guys on here. Congrats on your hunt, it sounds like it was awesome.

Back