2-7-15 sheds

dcopas78

Dad and I got back out today to try and find the match to the shed I found on 2-3-15 (see thread "first trip, first shed"). I ended up finding a nice 4-pt. Dad found a small 4-pt and the match to my shed. It is a great buck. If he had a matching 5th point on the right side, he would score really well. I still wouldn't have passed on him this year though! Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• 2-7-15 shed1.jpg
    2-7-15 shed1.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 2-7-15 match.jpg
    2-7-15 match.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 1,073
Photographs can be misleading but my guess is two different bucks in the second photo. It's not just the point numbers, but mass, length, curvature, etc, all combined; especially the G-2. Although it seems the right antler is held closer to the camera, so . . . Anyway, nice antlers! I'm still waiting for them to shed around here.

Last edited:
Photographs can be misleading but my guess is two different bucks in the second photo. It's not just the point numbers, but mass, length, curvature, etc, all combined; especially the G-2. Although it seems the right antler is held closer to the camera, so . . . Anyway, nice antlers! I'm still waiting for them to shed around here.

yeah I think its the picture. We have trail cam pictures of him with this rack

Deer usually don't have more mass on one side than the other. The antler on the left side has much straighter points.
Either way they are very nice bucks.

Trust me, it is the same deer. Here is a trail cam pic of him. The picture just looks distorted. Here is also another picture of the antlers laying together at the top of the group.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 852
  • sheds.jpg
    sheds.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 858
Trail cam pictures give it away! I thought they looked like different bucks until I saw the picture! Nice find!:hump:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back