10 years ago...

Phantom

It's hard to believe that 10 years have passed since receiving a phone call that changed our lives forever. Our youngest son, Ryan, was almost a year old when he passed away of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). He stopped breathing at day care and nothing could be done to save him. SIDS was barely in the back of my mind as he was almost a year old and had no risk factors, except that he was a male. Here is Ryan 9 days earlier:

We've since been blessed with two more children, now ages 8 and 6, along with my oldest who is now 13. They don't understand what happened but then again neither do I. So today we did our traditional balloon release and shed a lot of tears at the cemetery. We'll do the same in a few more weeks as we celebrate Ryan's birthday.

So remember to hug your kids and loved ones as you never know what the future holds. Just needed an outlet tonight as tomorrow will be a long, long day.

Don't know what to say. I can only hope that time has provided you and your family some perspectives that might allow you to cope with what is an unimaginable loss.

Yes, hug your kids and loved ones. Make sure their is no doubt they know how much you love them.

May God comfort you and your family. Time heals if you let it.

You revealed your heart today Phantom. He is missed by many I'm sure.

One breath at a time.

Don't know what to say. I can only hope that time has provided you and your family some perspectives that might allow you to cope with what is an unimaginable loss.

Yes, hug your kids and loved ones. Make sure their is no doubt they know how much you love them.
Nothing more or better could I say.

I can't even imagine going through what you have. The dates hit me pretty hard as 6/24 is my son's birthday and 6/2 is my mom's birthday. Prayers for you and your family.

Had to stay and extra 5 minutes at day care with my granddaughter this morning.

I cannot imagine.

There has never been a phone message that absolutely let the air out of me like the one that day, the dates become fuzzy but the actual moment has not faded.

Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

So sorry for your loss - God has a plan for us all and would never lead us to anything that he wouldn't lead us through.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Very sad, Phantom. I can't imagine what your family has gone through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back