MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Your Public Land

Jose,

With your keen observations about the snow, I was hoping you could go a little further with you observations.

I am not an expert on snow removal off of trees, but, based on my observation, the snow likely fell from the sky.

Are you an expert on forestry now days? If I remember correct, your forestry degree came as a prize with a 30-pack of Keystone Light.

You have had more than 24 hours since your first posted your faux outrage on this thread, and, you havent' been able to express the source of your faux outrage, other than, it seems, snow fell from the sky.

I am not an expert on snow removal off of trees, but, based on my observation, the snow likely fell from the sky.

Are you an expert on forestry now days? If I remember correct, your forestry degree came as a prize with a 30-pack of Keystone Light.

You have had more than 24 hours since your first posted your faux outrage on this thread, and, you havent' been able to express the source of your faux outrage, other than, it seems, snow fell from the sky.

I think Buzz is the forestry expert on this forum, Jose. Maybe he can share some of HIS expert faux outrage with us barstool experts?

Is there any proof that this was even done by the FS? Or just an assumption based on ownership of the land?

I think Buzz is the forestry expert on this forum, Jose. Maybe he can share some of HIS expert faux outrage with us barstool experts?

So you just take pictures of snow on trees, and post them online, hoping to leverage off Buzz' investment in higher education that you chose not to make?

Maybe if you tried a cheaper beer than Keystone Light, you would be able to afford a graduate degree in barstool forestry.

Is there any proof that this was even done by the FS? Or just an assumption based on ownership of the land?

It's behind a gate. It was done by a FS employee, or a contractor hired by the FS. They are still trying to figure out who authorized the work.

Does this work cause you any concern, Buzz?

Time for a big shake up in the USFS IMO.

You realise this picture caused you such outrage, that you decided it is "Time for a big shake up in the USFS IMO."?

And, yet, you keep having to ask Buzz for his opinion.

Seems like you are the one suffering from some unknown cause of faux outrage because snow fell on trees.

BHR, first thing I would do is see WHO actually did this. I've seen some strange chit on FS lands that was NOT done by the FS.

Tough to tell from your pics, but appears to be a relatively small area. I also don't see any marked trees to indicate it was a sale. Judging by the size of the trees it would have likely (should) have been a commercial thinning. But again, the small size of the cut area, along with small diameter trees, it would seem cost prohibitive to even bother with.

So Paul what do you think the value is on those little bull pine logs? A non cryptic/question to a question answer would be great.

It's behind a gate. It was done by a FS employee, or a contractor hired by the FS. They are still trying to figure out who authorized the work.

Does this work cause you any concern, Buzz?

Scope of work? Size of the area? What was trying to be accomplished?

I'm not one to break my leg jumping to conclusions until I have the facts.

Scope of work? Size of the area? What was trying to be accomplished?

I'm not one to break my leg jumping to conclusions until I have the facts.

Area was about 20 acres in size. Not sure what was trying to be accomplished. Some one turned someone loose with a chainsaw that had no clue what they were doing, would be my best guess. I'm more concerned about how they plan to fix this mess, and what it will cost, than what the value of bull pine and mistletoe infested fir is. I'm also concerned that after discussing this with them, they have absolutely no clue about what they are doing.

I need to know more info than is in a photo. I know that forestry projects can look like hell during operations, but improve a lot when complete. I know when I hunted on state lands this fall I saw a lot of nice larch stacked up in slash piles. Could've made good firewood. But fewer and fewer people are burning firewood, so maybe the demand isn't there.

Area was about 20 acres in size. Not sure what was trying to be accomplished. Some one turned someone loose with a chainsaw that had no clue what they were doing, would be my best guess.

Let me get this right.... you don't have any idea what was trying to be accomplished.... and, you were able to deduce that some one used a chainsaw to cut trees down, I am guessing due to the fact that the picture of the snow has some trees that have been cut with a chainsaw. Were you able to rule out the use of a cross-cut saw?

I'm more concerned about how they plan to fix this mess, and what it will cost, than what the value of bull pine and mistletoe infested fir is. I'm also concerned that after discussing this with them, they have absolutely no clue about what they are doing.

What does "fix this mess" mean? Have you ever been around a commercial logging operation? Usually the "mess" is about 500 yards of choker cables, broke into 75' pieces laying around. Usually the "mess" is a bunch of 5 gallon buckets of hydraulic oil laying around. Is that the mess you want cleaned up, the usual debris of choker cables and old oil buckets?

Time for a big shake up in the USFS IMO.

Just how big of a shake up in the USFS is needed for your 20 acres of snow on trees? You thinking new Secretary? New President? New President-Elect? What did the guy on the barstool next to you think needed done?

LOL

I was counting on wagon circling, side tracking, and excuse making by the choir prior to posting.

Uhhhh.... that is you..... You have posted pictures, called for a "a big shake up in the USFS", and have yet to explain what causes you the faux outrage.

You are even worried about the costs to clean up the mess, but you don't know if there is a mess, or, if it is a project you stumbled on in the middle.

If you have concerns, maybe you can express them, without "side tracking, and excuse making" on your part.

To me the tree's on the ground look have been dead or dying from disease before the chain hit their bark. Looks like a thinning project that's not finished yet.

LOL

I was counting on wagon circling, side tracking, and excuse making by the choir prior to posting.

No idea on bull pine log prices or what the hell to use them for? Figured.

Snow storm must have you holed up today since you are out trolling.

Any wolf tracks up Gird?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back