Your Public Land

BigHornRam

Some "quality" forestry work conducted on your National Forest lands.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

Forest Service has been informed and hopefully I can get some acceptable answers from them. Not holding my breath.

Time for a big shake up in the USFS IMO.

Last edited:
Sadly though, this is what gets senators and representatives all fired up about state transfer. "We know better" and "the state can manage better" would be the caption of this photo if sent out by our state leaders...

bighorn, I am sure they'll be back to finish the job. They've been doing this in my area as well and they eventually push them into piles and burn them in early winter or spring.

Some "quality" forestry work conducted on your National Forest lands.

View attachment 65628

View attachment 65629

View attachment 65630

Forest Service has been informed and hopefully I can get some acceptable answers from them. Not holding my breath.

Time for a big shake up in the USFS IMO.
Can you attach/link the plan from which this work was done? Granted, it may not be a finished project, but it could also have been done to plan as to meet a specific objective. Not sure that pic is indicative of the need "for a big shake up" of anything...

Whats the problem? Some trees got cut down, happens quite a bit. Would you rather it was a clearcut with nothing left standing except the weeds brought in by the equipment?

Sadly though, this is what gets senators and representatives all fired up about state transfer. "We know better" and "the state can manage better" would be the caption of this photo if sent out by our state leaders...

I disagree , I'll bet most senators and representatives have never personally seen anything that gets them fired up about State Transfer, they're simply and conveniently regurgitating party line talking points, just like when they condemn so called job killing regulations (what they refer to as unnecessary regulations) but if pressed to give you an example on the spot, wouldn't have a clue.

Whats the problem? Some trees got cut down, happens quite a bit. Would you rather it was a clearcut with nothing left standing except the weeds brought in by the equipment?

I assumed the problem was there was snow on the ground. Unless BHR suddenly is opposed to trees getting cut down, I don't know what else he would be upset with.

I assumed the problem was there was snow on the ground. Unless BHR suddenly is opposed to trees getting cut down, I don't know what else he would be upset with.

I don't like snow either, yuck! This winter already sucks, bring on spring and green grass

I wonder what the purpose of this is. It is clearly large enough diameter wood to take to a mill, but it looks like it has been cut into lengths and left on the ground.

Looks like a thinning project. We had quite a bit of that in Helena's South Hills over the past few years. Granted, city land vs forest service but most was cut in the fall and chipped or burned in the spring. Not sure what the OP is implying with these pics.

The Forest Service employee that I was finally put in contact with had no knowledge of this project. When she received my email with some of these pictures attached, she immediately called me back, and said "you do not want to know the first word that came out of my mouth when I saw the pictures". She thanked me, and said she will get to the bottom of this. I told her I sure hope so.

Anyone that knows anything about forestry would see so many things wrong with these pictures, that they wouldn't no where to start.

The Forest Service employee that I was finally put in contact with had no knowledge of this project. When she received my email with some of these pictures attached, she immediately called me back, and said "you do not want to know the first word that came out of my mouth when I saw the pictures". She thanked me, and said she will get to the bottom of this. I told her I sure hope so.

Anyone that knows anything about forestry would see so many things wrong with these pictures, that they wouldn't no where to start.

Interesting that you haven't been able to say what is wrong with the pictures.

Looks like a great spot to get a load or two of firewood.

Or a couple hundred loads. That has been mentioned to the FS, and they are receptive to that idea so far. It's behind a lock gate, so steps need to be made to open the area up to the public.

Last edited:

Would you have a problem with an overpopulated deer herd being shot up by FWP and left to rot?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back