Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Your mistress of 4 wheels?

Sytes

Let's have it... Of any mistress to choose from, what is your best 4 wheeled gal? What you have, had or wish you had... Pictures. That vehicle that relaxes your soul.

Fishing4sanity yanked my strings bringing up his 77 shortbox in the friday end music thread.... So I went about looking for my favorite ride.

Damn, my wife is going to have my arse when she finds out I am back in the market for another gal ~ eh, IH 65 Scout...

Here she is. Now to only find one in my budget (and a rental storage unit to hide her in...)

scout3.jpg

Soooo damn purdy!

Let's see 'em!

Well to many it won't be much, but here's the first set of 4 wheels that was really mine. 1977 Chevy Silverado 4x4 shortbed. Man that thing was a chick magnet, okay so it was singular - one chick. I'm still married to the gal I met back about the time that photo was taken. I wish I still had that truck!

Attachments

• 77 Chevy.jpeg
    77 Chevy.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 1,234
Sytes, I remember a few years ago Danner boots had a giveaway for a restored IH Scout, it was sweet looking, but not too surprisingly I didn't win.

Old IH Scouts definately have the cool factor!

Here is my binder that I shouldn't have sold.

1980 Scout II with the factory turbo diesel. It was a hoot to drive and got looks everywhere we went.

I restored it and sold it waaaaay too cheap a couple years ago. I didn't want to mess with moving it to CO.

picture.php

I learned a lot while doing the restore, but don't think I'll do it again.

Last edited:
Mine was the 1978 Bronco, the first year of the large body. I ordered it the way I wanted my hunting vehicle: rubber floormats, dual electric block heaters, towing package, rear spare rack which was modified to hold a Jerry can, positraction rear end, 4-speed gearbox. Why I sold it is still an unanswered question. I never could stick it; got it high centered once busting through a snow bank, but never failed to pull me out if the tires were on the ground.

My old Jeep Cherokee, it would go anywhere and never got stuck using same tires as T Bone, even my wife would drive it, but she wont drive my latest Toyota Hilux.
And yes we sometimes get snow.
IMG_2589.jpg

Cheers
Richard

My '97 Jeep Cherokee. I feel - to this day even - that the Cherokee was and is the greatest all-round, most-perfect-ist vehicle ever designed. I had to sell it some years back. I had a VERY strong attachment to it and actually got teary-eyed when the guy who bought it drove away.

Emrah

my first 1963 international scout, Put tire chains on and it would climb a tree never had to worry about speeding tickets, Second rig 1978 chevy shortbox learned how to mechanic on it, liftkit, carberator, things to make it cool thought you need over size every thing. next 1997 Jeep cherokee sport, and I am in search of another now, my loving wife shot down me buying a old scout last year ( I don't think she appreciates a classic rig something about hand crank windows, AM radio, and coil springs coming thru the seat)

Some great pics! :)

Devon, I hear those hilux's are pretty darn nice! TBone, I recall a while ago a post on your scout II. Ya, I think if I buy another, I'll waste the extra money to buy it in the condition desired rather then sink the extra money (and time) into the vehicle.

Fishing4sanity... what was that tv show a long while back? TJ Hooker? was that the one with the spread wing eagle on the hood? Had heather locklear or thomas - in her finer days? I just remember some tv show had a slick truck that looked like yours. :)

Some cool looking trucks in here - pictures, people! Heck, when was the last time articles were the feature in maxim (or other mags).????

NHY??? A canam? Haha! That hurt! :D Not even a Polaris... but a CanAm? haha - j/k. I hear those are nice rides.

My first was an 84 F150 Long bed Extended cab with a bullet proof 300 I6. It was a little long and had the body damage to prove it. Currently I have an 09 F150 Crew Cab for easy stuff and a 92 Suburban if I'm afraid I may get into trouble. Having a rig that is capable, paid off and already dented and scratched is good for hunting no matter what it is.

I have 2 gals....one for hunting and one for when I'm not.

Hunting....
100_5593.jpg

Not hunting:
picture.php

Sytes, is this the truck you're thinking of?
FallGuy.jpg
The truck in Fall Guy was similar to mine, but a GMC. Imagine that you remember Heather Thomas from the show but none of the guys? Probably just a mid-life crisis (or one of several such crisis), but if I found my truck again I'd buy it.

And ones I'm crew chief on and could never afford in my lifetime:

Emrah

Attachments

• denver.jpg
    denver.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 892
  • tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 976
  • Watkins2.jpg
    Watkins2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 987
  • two cars.jpg
    two cars.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 865
1967 in our paper today. Says 90% original. No $ amount.

Let's have it... Of any mistress to choose from, what is your best 4 wheeled gal? What you have, had or wish you had... Pictures. That vehicle that relaxes your soul.

Fishing4sanity yanked my strings bringing up his 77 shortbox in the friday end music thread.... So I went about looking for my favorite ride.

Damn, my wife is going to have my arse when she finds out I am back in the market for another gal ~ eh, IH 65 Scout...

Here she is. Now to only find one in my budget (and a rental storage unit to hide her in...)

scout3.jpg

Soooo damn purdy!

Let's see 'em!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back