PEAX Equipment

Your favorite out of office messages when you are gone hunting.

2rocky

Do you let on in an out of office message (voice or email) that you are hunting/fishing?

all out of office e-mails i set up are short and simple. i don't tell people what i'm doing or where i'm going no matter what i'm doing or where i'm going. i don't let them know if i do or don't have cell service. i try to make clear i will not respond no matter what.

"I am out of the office returning on (x/x/x) date. I will respond to your e-mail upon return. If you have an urgent need please contact [blank]. Thank you."

When I was working, nobody except my supervisor ever knew where I was or what I was doing. Even he could only assume I was where I said I was because all communication was by phone. Better than that is that nobody even cared. So, I would never, ever leave any kind of message as to what I was up to, working, fishing, hunting or just goofing off.

I never let on where I'm going to be....hunting or not. When I take time off I'm off. I turn off any and all notifications on my phone for my work accounts. Simple as that. We have a coordinated email box that we use for my team's incoming work/communication so I direct folks there. I don't even say I'll respond to their email when I get back! That said, my team knows where I am. I like to joke with them that if the poop hits the fan when I'm hunting they can text me on my inReach....so I'll know not to come back :)

For a while there I was hunting/fishing/camping/photographing/whatever while I was working.

Since all I needed was a phone/internet/computer, I was working wherever…

It was more upsetting to those that were with me since they’d actually taken time off work to do what we were doing.

I’d work 1/2-1 hour a day and then the day was mine.

It was the 💣

I work for the gov't, so I always put the douchiest out of office replies and always make sure to rub it in.

I always put alternate POCs but never warn them, because f*ck 'em!

As much as I'm a Douche McGouche when it comes to out of office replies, I really hate it when dudes put something like: "In case of emergency, call 911".

We get it Greg the admin guy, Ha Ha!

I never get any good news so I just ignore them and delete the messages. No reason to put me in a bad mood doing something that makes me happy.

My favorite if when I’m 7+ hours away and someone calls and says the cows are out……… ok, I’ll be right there…….. next week.

I just clean up the cluster &$?! When I get back.

I never get any good news so I just ignore them and delete the messages. No reason to put me in a bad mood doing something that makes me happy.

My favorite if when I’m 7+ hours away and someone calls and says the cows are out……… ok, I’ll be right there…….. next week.

I just clean up the cluster &$?! When I get back.
Is that really a good idea to talk about your wife and kids like that?

Not on vacation but when I retired left:
"Call in the dogs, the hunt is over." That was it nothing more.

“This is SGT Stedenko, we’re investigating a serious affair…
Leave your name and number and we’ll be in touch…”

While I was still on Active Duty we would have to fill out the DA31 for leave and they wanted your location for leave and how to contact you........

I would give those jokers a 10 digit grid coordinate with the reminder that there was no cell signal and if they REALLY needed me rotary wing assets were their best bet 🤣🤣🤣🤣

as an insurance adjuster, I would never give a customer just another reason to hate me. haha
Same here. A few vendors I may tell but as far as everyone else, I was on vacation. Of course even that pisses off some customers. 😂

Reactions: JAG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back