MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Upcoming Elk Draw Results

What is really interesting this year is that in the special draw there were 669 first choice applications for 397 general tags (in the random draw). So it looks like the special draw for a 2nd choice general tag is out the window for everyone that had planned on that. That really stinks.

its official me and 2 friends are going elk hunting again!!! fired up one of the guys have never been, i think he will regret waiting this long to apply. time to start getting gear ready

A quick look at the 2015 demand report shows that the odds reduced significantly, compared to 2014, for my first and second choice. Lucky to draw, feeling very grateful. And I now have an elk preference point too :)

Last edited:
My name doesn't come up in the database, so I assume that I drew a tag or my refund hasn't been processed yet....

Correction: I checked again last night and found my name on the refund list. This morning's offical draw results confirm that the mailman will be delivering a large check instead of an elk tag next month...not how I'd like this week to end!

i missed out on my first choice, so got a general as a second choice. My reading of the demand report shows a lot of NR's missed out on their first choice in the special draw. Eg unit 100.

Edit - Sorry I misunderstood your question. As stated below the demand report doesn't show the full NR allocation that happens during the draw. Fortunately I found this out before the draw.

Last edited:
No, they didn't, even though that's what the results look like.

Oh geeze! I thought I had this tag thing figured out for Wyoming:W: Anyone care to help me out and explain why it looks that way, but it really isn't?

Oh geeze! I thought I had this tag thing figured out for Wyoming:W: Anyone care to help me out and explain why it looks that way, but it really isn't?

In a nutshell:

NR are allocated 7,250 tags and WY makes sure we get every one of them. The draw odds reflect your odds up to a certain point in the draw process, not the entire thing as in other states. For what it's worth, this was the first year ever that a Special Gen tag wasn't 100% for every applicant thru 3rd choice.

I hope the refund "backdoor" is true. If not I'll cry myself to sleep tonight. ;) Looks like my party ended up with 3 of the 40ish tags for the unit... :D
It was true! We beat the 4% draw odds, which oddly enough were just a touch better than the Special draw odds. :D

Now if I could just quit whistling like an elk at my wife! :D

Back