Wyoming Unit 100-6 Cow Elk

Please name the unit so we can destroy the draw odds there as well. These threads where people name specific units make me just cringe.
Yeah, unit 100 is a real secret...right along with the elkhorns in Montana, and unit 9 in Arizona.

There is information/posts on every hunting unit in every state on the 'net, hunting fool, epic, eastmans, yada yada...white noise.

Never said it was a secret just basic common sense not to post units all over the Internet.
Isn’t that what everybody gets mad at the influencers doing. Yada yada…brown noise.

Never said it was a secret just basic common sense not to post units all over the Internet.
Isn’t that what everybody gets mad at the influencers doing. Yada yada…brown noise.
If you're picking hunting units from information posted by an influencer...you're done before you started.

Pick a hunting unit in any State, put it in the google machine...brace yourself.

I heard there is a mining company that controls a bunch of land in 100 and all the elk congregate on the mine permit and they wont let anyone hunt it.

That should help balance out the draw odd destruction of this thread.

100 is cool for seeing a ton of elk and being able to road hunt them like antelope, but I can think of a lot of areas without ridiculous draw odds that I’d much rather hunt in Wyoming.

But I also like hunting elk in grizzly hell holes in Montana, so my advice probably isn’t worth much.

100 is cool for seeing a ton of elk and being able to road hunt them like antelope, but I can think of a lot of areas without ridiculous draw odds that I’d much rather hunt in Wyoming.

But I also like hunting elk in grizzly hell holes in Montana, so my advice probably isn’t worth much.
Yep, many of the places I hunt are well known...but people don't hunt them for a variety of reasons.

Many that hunt the same places I do, routinely hunt them once, declare them not very good and search out greener pastures.

Many times, I should probably do the same.

But I have connections to certain places going back a long, long time that afford me a substantial leg up on anything anyone could possible learn via the net, influencer, or hunting service.

I've said it a lot...and still believe that you can give a bad hunter the best tags in any State and they'll find a way to fail...you give a good hunter the worst tag in any state and they'll find a way to succeed.

You don't learn that from your desk chair hawking information off the 'net...some savvy that, some don't.

I've said it a lot...and still believe that you can give a bad hunter the best tags in any State and they'll find a way to fail...you give a good hunter the worst tag in any state and they'll find a way to succeed.
Such a great statement about hunting. The only thing I would add is a definition to "fail" and "succeed". However, everyone creates their own definitions of said terms which is where the ambiguity of what makes a hunting unit good or bad.

Area of unit 100-6 allow to hunt. I originally was thinking Rock Springs, but Rawlins might be better. We also applied for mule doe tag in 82, and antelope doe tags in 52. This way I will more central as those units are south of Rawlins.
View attachment 142274
@trailriderhow did you get those special hunt area overlays? I don't see them on the hunt planner layers.

100-6 is reduce price cow tag, also is 100-7 too. I didn't draw any mule or antelope doe tags that year. However, I did draw a New Mexico bull elk tag last year, and tagged out on a 5x6 bull.

Click the reduced price link from the area 100 page on the hunt planner, then choose more data. I think that’s it.
Man I am struggling to find that. Able to post a screen shot. I'm not even wondering for this unit. If this special layer is available for all units, it will save me time from tracking roads or creeks down on a map.

Man I am struggling to find that. Able to post a screen shot. I'm not even wondering for this unit. If this special layer is available for all units, it will save me time from tracking roads or creeks down on a map.

I'm not seeing it there now. I believe they remove them until they finalize seasons and areas. But yes, when you turn one on they all come on.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back