Wyoming success!

Way to get it done ! Hunting was tough this year over there. Smoke ran us out of our pronghorn hunt and I know deer hunters that never saw a decent buck.
We may go up higher for our antelope hunt, thanks for that info.

Way to get it done ! Hunting was tough this year over there. Smoke ran us out of our pronghorn hunt and I know deer hunters that never saw a decent buck.
We may go up higher for our antelope hunt, thanks for that info.
These were definitely the best bucks we saw this year. Seemed like there were very few pronghorn on blm. We actually saw a decent amount way up high where the deer were. Kinda funny seeing antelope in the mountains like they were.

What size alaknak is that?

Looks like you had a great trip...good work!
Its the 12x20. First time we've used it hunting and it worked flawlessly. We were a little worried about condensation with the propane but it stayed dry as a bone inside.

Its the 12x20. First time we've used it hunting and it worked flawlessly. We were a little worried about condensation with the propane but it stayed dry as a bone inside.

#glamping

(From glampingdotcom: Glamping is where stunning nature meets modern luxury. Experiential travel is an authentic way to connect with nature.)

Congrats on the hunt and the deer. Thanks for sharing that pics.
Tell me about the tent. Is that an Alaknak?

Nvm....answered a few times in the thread.

Nice. Thanks for the pics. What type/brand propane heater is that you are running?
I was also wondering how that worked out for fumes. I see the tent had a stove pipe jack. Definitely would NOT want to put a wood burner in the tent. Cinders would burn holes in that synthetic fabric. But a regular propane furnace would work great. Hook up a minivolt thermostat and it would be sweet.

Hope you were able to stay safe for the long drive home. I will be loading up a ton of canned goods when I head out to Montana in a couple of weeks. Only stopping for gas with the card at pumps and tenting it till I can get to my trailer. My brother says it is a coronavirus sh*tshow back there right now. He was exposed twice in the same day this past week, and his partner once. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed because under the rules of my license I have to hunt deer and elk with him. Anyone headed to Western Montana better govern themselves accordingly. Avoid the motels, shopping, etc.

Last edited:
I was also wondering how that worked out for fumes. I see the tent had a stove pipe jack. Definitely would NOT want to put a wood burner in the tent. Cinders would burn holes in that synthetic fabric. But a regular propane furnace would work great. Hook up a minivolt thermostat and it would be sweet.

Hope you were able to stay safe for the long drive home. I will be loading up a ton of canned goods when I head out to Montana in a couple of weeks. Only stopping for gas with the card at pumps and tenting it till I can get to my trailer. My brother says it is a coronavirus sh*tshow back there right now. He was exposed twice in the same day this past week, and his partner once. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed because under the rules of my license I have to hunt deer and elk with him. Anyone headed to Western Montana better govern themselves accordingly. Avoid the motels, shopping, etc.
We actually purchased a nice woodstove to bring but the NF were under mandatory fire restrictions which didn't allow for burning wood. I had also purchased a fire retardant blanket to go under the stove to catch any coals that might fall. The propane worked flawless for us. I've used them often indoors with no problem. The tent is well vented and we also brought along a CO detector just to be safe.

Congratulations. Absolute shooters imo.

I hunted northern Nevada in early October years ago with similar weather. Those pronghorn up in the trees at altitude really look out of place.

Jealous, looks like you had a great trip.

How did that heater work out, condensation wise?
Actually very well. I actually expected a little condensation but I guess the tent is ventilated well enough that it wasn't an issue. It was dry as a bone inside every morning when we woke up.

We actually purchased a nice woodstove to bring but the NF were under mandatory fire restrictions which didn't allow for burning wood. I had also purchased a fire retardant blanket to go under the stove to catch any coals that might fall. The propane worked flawless for us. I've used them often indoors with no problem. The tent is well vented and we also brought along a CO detector just to be safe.
It's the cinders blown on the roof that are the concern. A lot of guys around here use big tents made of polypropylene tarp stuff. One season with a wood stove and they leak like a sieve. Not a problem with old cotton canvas tents but synthetic I have to wonder. Mind you, our fire shirts and pants with USFS were synthetic ... but not waterproof. In the old days the shirts were cotton and about the nicest thing I ever put on my body. A very high quality cotton and extremely fine weave. The later Nomex shirts were not so nice!

Last edited:
Back