Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming regs are up

Let the 16' app season begin! Points only again for me this year. Will have 4 next year and will look to throw my name in the hat with the special. Good luck to all who apply!!

Last edited:
Trying the same strategy as last year with the special license. If dad and I don't draw elk tags in Wyoming, thinking about New Mexico. If that falls through, we are going to try Wyoming antelope with 2 points in an area on my radar. If that fails it's either Montana, Colorado or Idaho OTC. Either way, I will be hunting somewhere out there this season :D

Just curious, what're you guys getting for information out of these? More or less seems like they're a copy/paste of last years with a bunch of tentative warnings on them?

Maybe it's just the units I'm familiar with.

Just curious, what're you guys getting for information out of these? More or less seems like they're a copy/paste of last years with a bunch of tentative warnings on them?

Maybe it's just the units I'm familiar with.

What I mostly get for information is this - Hardly anything has changed and I can rely on my past experiences in Wyoming for my current applications.

For this year, I will note that I probably won't be getting a refund check mailed to me, rather a credit posted back to the plastic card I used for payment of my app.

Other than that, all systems are "Go" for my Wyoming applications.

Good luck to all.

Yep, about the only other real change in the booklet is that the PP only Application Period has now been extended two months until the end of October.

I'm applying this year after doing points for the last few years. Where do I spend my 9 points?

I have 3 points for elk, deer, goat going in, now sure what do with them. I'd really like to hunt unit 100 elk(who wouldn't I guess) but that I know is a bit of a dream. If I knew of another unit similar I'd probably for with that but haven't done much researching yet.

I have 7 elk, 4 deer, and 3 antelope points...I need to decide if this is the year for any of them.

Points for me on elk but putting my son in the draw.I'll probably get a cow tag for his unit.If he draws his elk tag then we will both put in for antelope and use up our points in a decent unit close by.I'll probably pick up a deer tag in a zero point region as well
Love hunting in Wy.Just wish they issued a few more tags.When I started hunting there, you could draw a general elk tag 2 out of 3 years in the regular draw.Now you need 2 points to be sure you get one

Back