MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming regs are up

I've got 6 elk, 6 deer and an antelope point. I'm hoping they take my elk and antelope points this year. I might try to draw a deer tag in the random.

Back to zero on my Elk points and only 2 for antelope and deer.

Despite going 3 for 3 on elk last year, might be looking for a new area, or new experience. Conflicted.

I've hunted Wyoming every year except one since 2005. I think it has surely held me back from exploring new horizons.

I don't know if I like the refunds being credited back to the credit card. I like having the check so I can cash it and keep it for the next application.

2 elk, 3 deer, 4 antelope. I'm trying to decide if I should go for the sure thing general tag for elk or keep building for another year or two. I've still got a month to make my decision. I'll buy another deer point and will probably put in for a red desert antelope tag with a leftover unit as a second choice.

:D
I'm applying this year after doing points for the last few years. Where do I spend my 9 points?

Lets apply together as a party app. I'll show you my secret spot.:D

I don't know if I like the refunds being credited back to the credit card. I like having the check so I can cash it and keep it for the next application.

Don't like that either. The Cabela's points really build up fast when not drawing and applying for most all species including bison :(

good luck to all
the dog

Ive got 6 for Elk, 5 Deer and 2 Antelope points, but i think ill hold on to them and build another point each. For some reason i have to put myself through OTC hell every year in other states, guess i like the punishment. But i may change my mind now since we are coming up on draw season, seems like i have a new idea every day.

I'll be studying the draw stats for an elk unit that might have a little better odds in the random with a couple points. Hoping reduced quotas in a few units may result in a decent place to burn max deer points soon, but not this year.

Max and deer and elk. I should do something about that one of these days.
I agree! :D

Points only this year for everything except pronghorn for me. Should have 3 pronghorn tags to fill in Sept and will pick up more if the unit has any does leftover.

5 Deer, 3 Elk and 2 Pronghorn. Stumped on the deer areas, elk seem to elude me and pronghorn is my favorite hunt. May get points for all and see what happens in the future. Good luck to all applying.

anybody out there have any thoughts on the general wy elk tag?lookin for fair success,fair public access,not much wilderness,{non-resident},I,m wondering if anybody can come up with some unit posibilitys?not lookin for your honey hole,just some general unit options for a non-res?would a general tag hunt be worth the 1100 mile trip,each way from Oregon,or is it a lost cause till I build up several points for another limited hunt?struck out last time there and have 1 point going into this year that puts me at about a 40% chance of drawing a general tag this year as one of my options.would you take a wy gen elk tag over a Idaho "b" tag?just wondering?

Changing the refunds to go back to the credit cards should save the Game and Fish department somewhere between $250,000 to $400,000 in credit card fees. Should help their budget a bit.

I liked the points too, but I'm thankful they let you put these on a card instead of having to do a money order or pay a huge fee to use a credit card like Idaho and Montana do.

I'm thinking points again this year with hopes to cash in 4 antelope points in 2017.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back