Wyoming Pronghorn

I had a blast in Wyoming with WV hunter and his dad. We all got bucks. What my buck lacks for length he more than makes up for in mass and prongs. I wish you were having a better time, Randy, but it looks like you're finding the bucks.

I either ran over a smurf or my pickups getting sexually frustrated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 469
I'm guessing the latter considering you were stuck in the middle of the prairie with the wife last night without a whole lot to do except...

Sorry to hear about that. Sorry for the cramp it puts in your hunt, but mostly for the fact that wives do not forget such things without a large donation to the home decor budget. I see new furniture at the Hodges' house if you end up spending the night in the truck. Maybe even an upgrade to her current vehicle if you have to walk out of there.

That just sucks.

Last time I take your advice. I informed her we'd be getting a full size mountain goat in our living room as decoration and it didn't quite win her over.

I'm starting to think she doubts whether I know how to work this rifle. Lots and lots if big antelope passed today, but nothing looking bigger then the rest. No idea how I'm going to choose which one of these to shoot.

Last edited:
Any input on this guy? I almost pulled the trigger on him tonight. He's not great in the mass department, but everything else makes him look close to 80 for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 382
Quit worrying about the score. You don't need a piece of paper to tell you how good of a hunter you are or how great the buck is? For what it's worth, I would have shot #18. However, I'm guessing the buck before him would have scored better. Regardless, they all look better than anything I've seen while hunting.

My guess is Randy is enjoying the pace of chasing antelope after that high pressure goat hunt.

I don't worry too much about score either (and my wall shows it), but I can definitely see the appeal in trying to shoot the best buck you possibly can in the given area..

Finally pulled the trigger. Not a monster but a unique old buck that got my heart pumping. Beautiful day out in the wyoming desert.

Congratulations, can't wait to see a picture of it. If you haven't already been doing it I bet you wife would like a point purchased so she gets a chance to top yours in a few years.

Way cool Randy. Can't wait to see the photo. I am pretty envious of your season so far!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back