Wyoming Pronghorn 2014

What Map

We did not make the opener (Sept 20). I had my youngest show up at the airport from Denver with her new two-month old baby boy (kids with kids) and my brother in Wyoming was hosting 40 people for a baseball game for his oldest daughter's birthday (her 31st, I think). So we were "tied up." Furthermore, we forgot to ask the next door ranch if they had antelope hunters and sure enough they did until Sept 27th.

So Diane and I drove five hours down to Wyoming on Friday the 26th. At sunup on Saturday we headed over to the neighbors. We looked over the whole ranch by an hour after noon. Lots of 12-14 inch bucks with 6-12 does. No whoppers. They may have been there at the beginning of the season, but if they were they were gone in a week with light hunting.

I took one of the smaller bucks we saw (230 yrds after a great sneak) on public land when we were almost back to my brother's place. That evening we went back to the ranch's alfalfa fields and my wife took her trophy doe with one shot.

All-in-all, it was another excellent fun trip to my brother's cabin. We always have a ball, like we have for over 50 years of hunting together. Here are a couple of pics:

Diane and my brother:

100_3569.jpg

My brother and I with my lope:

100_3560.jpg

Sage grouse at stock tank ;

100_3556.jpg

Nice little vacay. It seems you both failed to get the memo from the camo companies that you are missing the absolute necessity of life itself being clad in head to toe vegetation matching clothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back