Wyoming Pronghorn 2011

Bighorn191

Back in the 80's and early 90's, it wasn't so hard to draw SW Wyoming in some of the premier units. Those days are pretty much gone and myself like a lot of others, have learned to look in other units and expand our horizons. Two years ago my two sons drew this central WY unit and this year my dad and I drew. Two years ago, we pulled a net 82-2/8" buck out of this unit. My dad and I couldn't make it opening weekend but just got back from 4 days of glorious pronghorn hunting - saw 1 other vehicle, saw numerous mature bucks, hundreds of antelope per day, and had some magically nice weather - all the makings for a good time. I've been hunting antelope for 40 years and they are still one of my favorite animals to pursue - you can't have a bad time! So, here's to all the guys who rely on hunting antelope every year!

Attachments

• IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 484
Wow! Those are some bruisers. Congratulations!

You're right. Nothing better than chasing goats.

Congrats on some great bucks. I am pretty sure you beat the net 82" mark with that buck of yours this year. Gonna have an impressive prong and second mass measurement. Love seeing these pronghorn bucks, especially when you can include your family that way.

Thanks everyone! Love to hunt Wyoming and have had the great fortune to hunt it a lot over the years. It's fun when you go after the opener and you see only 1 other truck - it's like having your own 750,000 acre ranch to hunt. Best of luck to anyone who still has an unpunched tag - take your time, look at every buck you see, study them in a good spotting scope, look for big mass, and try real hard to pull the trigger on something exceptional.

My buck btw should dry, net about 81+. He's about 83-6/8" gross now but they shrink a lot. No matter, he was the best buck I could find and that's what I always try for. 7" bases and 7" cutters, 7-2/8" 2nd's, 14-2/8" long.

Congratulations! Awesome bucks and they look like they came from the same gene pool with yours being a bigger version. Living in Southwest Wyoming I have been lucky enough to draw out here 3 years in a row....and this year I saw nothing like what you harvested. Last year I saw a few that were awfully close to 80...this year nothing close (even though I know they're around there somewhere). Congrats again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back