MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming NR Elk Results Posted

Bupkis for me in general with zero points. Oh well, got lucky last year with zero points, but lighting didn’t strike twice.
Up next, CO drawing…

Ugh. Was hoping to draw a gen next year, with 5 points in the reg and it's really sounding like that's not going to be realistic...

Congrats to all you lucky ones!

Unsuccessful in gen reg with 4. Seems the cutoff was 4.5 or so

If I had 0-2 points I would seriously consider not buying any more of them. Just go random.

When Wyoming starts seeing that trend emerge, creep is too high, and they’ve waited too long to raise NR prices. I’m not too worried about that happening :rolleyes:

Draw odds posted. One guy burned 13 points on a general tag in the regular draw and 2 people burned 11 points on the general tag in the special draw. I would think those 2 must be special because I think they should have realized that with 11 points they would have drawn the same tag for $400 less in the general with a high degree of confidence.

Looks like it took > 4 points for both the regular and the special draw for the general tag as rmyoung1 noted.

0 pts general tag regular draw, successful.
Doesn’t seem that hard to draw to me loo
0 pts was the group (of 2) average…. NR. Ill take dumb luck any day but supposedly we had a 2.5% chance. Wasnt holding my breath but had that “going to draw” feeling which is usually pretty accurate. Good luck to everyone heading out there!

I think he drew 100-2 with 6. Talk about some luck!
Draw odds should be very interesting this year. Many people posting no luck for the general tag with 4 points even in special.
Had to edit this to the new draw result. Your right he drew the one random tag.

It took over 8 points in the special.

Last edited:
Ahead of next year’s price increase, point-dumpers were out in force.

NR General tag Special with 4 points: 29% successful
NR General tag Regular with 4 points: 9% successful
That is wild.

I'm sitting on 5 points, just ahead of the curve... for now. Unsure what the price increases will do as well if there's more 90/10 talks.

Last edited:
My son was successful with 4pts as a youth general. Already looking forward to scouting some spots in the western part of the state later this summer.

Reactions: LCH
Unsuccessful for me with 12 points in the special. The odds went from better than 80% to 25% at that point level. I guess more time to archery hunt or fish in Montana since I already took the time off. Wash, rinse and repeat for next year.

Had to edit this to the new draw result. Your right he drew the one random tag.

It took over 8 points in the special.

lol took me 3 PP for the type 2 last season for a 5 points on one antler limit, now 8 PP for a 4 points limit at special price???!!! :ROFLMAO:

2022: 3 PP was 50%
2023: 8 PP was 50%

Last edited:
Back