Wyoming Moose, Goat, Sheep

Congrats Randy! I'm striking out across the board in WY this year. Hopefully the deer and antelope draws will be kinder...

Struck out again ! Last year it took 14 pp for the moose area I applied for and I had 14 points however there were 9 others with 14 points who applied for the 2 tags. This year it was down to 1 tag and it took 16 points .Good luck to all who drew .

So with these two successful draws--- whats the 2015-2016 white board looking like?

Looking rather full. I did not expect to draw NM pronghorn, MT rifle elk, or WY elk. That has changed the board significantly from when the strategy was first crafted over the winter.

Going to do points only for deer in AZ, IA, and WY. Glad I did deer units in NV that are almost impossible to draw. Hope I don't draw MT pronghorn. Gonna kill me to do this, but I think I will do points only for pronghorn in WY this year. Just not sure how I would fit it in the schedule.

I did not draw NM elk, but we are filming the sweepstakes hunter there. Then the following week, we are filming the CEO of Leupold in NM. The MT archery elk is with Corey Jacobsen of Extreme Elk Magazine and seven-time world elk calling champion. It will be a general tag hunt outside of Bozeman, where some of the most call-educated elk in America seem to reside.

I have a lot of goat points in MT and applied for one of the easier units to draw. Now, with the board already this full, I'm starting to question my logic. Would hate to draw a tag like that and have it feel rushed. Same with ID moose, where I applied in one of the easiest units to draw.

I show CO elk and deer on the whiteboard. Unless something changes, my deer points should get me the 3rd season tag and I always buy the OTC bull elk tag to have with me on that deer hunt. I really doubt I will get my CO archery tag with only 18 points. I've been 1 point behind the curve for four years and I expect that to continue as more people jump in at point levels above me.

I am one of 6 NRs with max pronghorn points in UT. That could be problematic if I draw that tag. I guess I would just have to turn back my MT sheep tag if I draw UT pronghorn.. :eek:

If we don't draw another tag in the remaining drawings, we are set. But, I will still probably apply for sheep in AZ. I could make room for that, given the December dates.

Unless something dramatic changes in UT, I am a lock for the archery tag I applied for. If things get too crowded, that might be the one tag that gets turned back in; surrendering my fees, but getting my points restored.

IMG_3864.JPG

I was hoping for some first time applicant luck in the mountain goat draw but no dice. At least I get a big, fat check back!

Randy, looking at that board i would say your gonna have one hell of a season. i can only imagine how those miles will pile up with those species/dates, if you survive it should make for good TV...lol

Good Lord Randy, that is a dream season right there. With some of the tags you have already drawn this year, you may be drawing more tags then what you have already written down on your white board.

Looking rather full. I did not expect to draw NM pronghorn, MT rifle elk, or WY elk. That has changed the board significantly from when the strategy was first crafted over the winter.

Going to do points only for deer in AZ, IA, and WY. Glad I did deer units in NV that are almost impossible to draw. Hope I don't draw MT pronghorn. Gonna kill me to do this, but I think I will do points only for pronghorn in WY this year. Just not sure how I would fit it in the schedule.

I did not draw NM elk, but we are filming the sweepstakes hunter there. Then the following week, we are filming the CEO of Leupold in NM. The MT archery elk is with Corey Jacobsen of Extreme Elk Magazine and seven-time world elk calling champion. It will be a general tag hunt outside of Bozeman, where some of the most call-educated elk in America seem to reside.

I have a lot of goat points in MT and applied for one of the easier units to draw. Now, with the board already this full, I'm starting to question my logic. Would hate to draw a tag like that and have it feel rushed. Same with ID moose, where I applied in one of the easiest units to draw.

I show CO elk and deer on the whiteboard. Unless something changes, my deer points should get me the 3rd season tag and I always buy the OTC bull elk tag to have with me on that deer hunt. I really doubt I will get my CO archery tag with only 18 points. I've been 1 point behind the curve for four years and I expect that to continue as more people jump in at point levels above me.

I am one of 6 NRs with max pronghorn points in UT. That could be problematic if I draw that tag. I guess I would just have to turn back my MT sheep tag if I draw UT pronghorn.. :eek:

If we don't draw another tag in the remaining drawings, we are set. But, I will still probably apply for sheep in AZ. I could make room for that, given the December dates.

Unless something dramatic changes in UT, I am a lock for the archery tag I applied for. If things get too crowded, that might be the one tag that gets turned back in; surrendering my fees, but getting my points restored.

View attachment 47173

I am pretty sure you can surrender a permit in Utah and get a refund and keep all your points if you do it early enough.

I pulled that tag (cow bison) last year as a non-res. Fascinating and successful hunt. Only downside is I have to wait 5 years to apply again, both bull and cow. Meat is awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back