Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

British Columbia Moose Hunt (Picture Heavy)

Looks and sounds like you had an epic trip, albeit a little bit of a roller coaster ride during the hunt. Congrats on a fine moose and enjoy all that delicious meat!

Really enjoyed your British Columbia moose hunt report, Jabber. I liked the extra attention you gave to the getting there and back part of your hunt. A lot miles traveled! I covered a fair bit of the same highway on my B C hunt. Entered Canada at the Port of Roosville, traveled through Banff and Jasper parks, Prince George, to Smithers. Returned on the Caribou Highway and entered back in the USA at the Port of Nighthawk in Washington state. Fortunately didn't have to go anywhere near Great Falls. :)

Thanks for the great write up!

Congrats on a great trip. Would you recommend the outfitter from your experience?

I don't have a lot of experience with what outfitters are supposed to do, but yes I was very happy with them. No complaints. While this was a guided hunt, it was by no means a canned hunt or a road hunt, even though we did drive the road some. I put over 30 miles on my boots hiking during the hunt. Accommodations were good, food was good, comradery was good. The grizzly hanging out around camp, wasn't so good, but did add a little excitement in the event you needed to step outside at night.

Riley, my guide, and I have continued texting each other since then.

You had a wonderful hunt and a great experience, one that will stay with you forever. Thanks for taking us along. The Canadian Parks are definitely beautiful, we went on road trips there in the late 60's. I would love to go back, but I am sure it has gotten a lot more populated.

Cool video of a small fall coming from a glacier. We filled our water bottles from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back