Wyoming deadline

Only points again for me this year.

I’m hoping for a dramatic decrease in applications this year with the 4 month wait to hear back. I know it’s highly doubtful that will happen, but a man can dream, can’t he?

Just points for me this year, I’ll have 4 points. Maybe I’ll get enough points to draw a limited tag one day but I’m happy knowing that I should be able to draw an awesome Gen tag when I’m ready for an WY adventure.

I will just go for a PP this year. Way too many other options to explore this year and even a random drawing not the best for me this year.

Just finished up a party app. Got a slim chance in the random but I’ll take it.
I look at them holding my money for 3 months as a blessing. Once they refund it I can then spend it on other hunting things I need since I will have forgotten all about those funds by June.😃

Boy I am glad you're talking NR tags. I am a resident. I get until May 31 (I think). I will not be hunting out of state until 2021 when I am fully retired and can spend the time I want.

That is a great strategy, that is exactly what my partner and I do. Get to hunt elk more often and if you hunt the same area, you get to know it like the back of your hand. We split the cost and the spoils down the middle and it works out great and we pretty much always have elk meat in the freezer. Hope your youngest draws:)

with only 2 points and a 30 ish pct cance at the general tag,i decided not to try it it,,the finance charge on a $700 purchase for 3 plus months is around $40,,,i think ill spend money on tag apps that don't take your money till ya draw like Colorado,nevada,Utah,and Idaho.although I do like Wyoming,,this just isn't as good of a bang for my buck as others this year with 2 points,,,remember the total cost,,,3 points $156 plus $707 for a gen??that's $863 for a gen elk tag,,,although Wyoming is decent for quality/quantity,,it is no guarantee till meat hits the tailgate,

Dan it’s more than that when you figure in the mandatory cc fee. Add another $21-$22 bucks for that. Getting close to $900 for the normal price tag now.

I bit the bullet and applied for a Gen tag in the Special Draw, I had the $ to put on hold and figured this may be my last chance at an Elk tag for a quite while, until I can raise enough points to come back anyway. Hoping the results are out in time before the antelope/deer deadline so I can adjust accordingly if I don't draw... Time will tell!

I bit the bullet and applied for a Gen tag in the Special Draw, I had the $ to put on hold and figured this may be my last chance at an Elk tag for a quite while, until I can raise enough points to come back anyway. Hoping the results are out in time before the antelope/deer deadline so I can adjust accordingly if I don't draw... Time will tell!

The elk results will post prior to the deer and pronghorn application deadline.

The elk results will post prior to the deer and pronghorn application deadline.
I usually don't impatiently wait for Wyoming results as I always only apply for deer/antelope. I normally just wait until I see one of the many posts online about results being out since I'm in no rush to find out. Our results here in Saskatchewan are hit or miss, sometimes they're on time, sometime they're a few days late and sometimes they extend the draw by 30 days because thousands of idiots tried to apply at 2330hr the last night and crash the website...

with only 2 points and a 30 ish pct cance at the general tag,i decided not to try it it,,the finance charge on a $700 purchase for 3 plus months is around $40,,,i think ill spend money on tag apps that don't take your money till ya draw like Colorado,nevada,Utah,and Idaho.although I do like Wyoming,,this just isn't as good of a bang for my buck as others this year with 2 points,,,remember the total cost,,,3 points $156 plus $707 for a gen??that's $863 for a gen elk tag,,,although Wyoming is decent for quality/quantity,,it is no guarantee till meat hits the tailgate,
Finance charge for the purchase? If you’re not paying off your cc everything month you probably shouldn’t be putting in for out of state hunts. The tag price is often the cheapest part of the trip...

So what can a guy change between now and May? Just withdraw or can i change from special draw to regular draw in same unit? Can a guy change units?

So what can a guy change between now and May? Just withdraw or can i change from special draw to regular draw in same unit? Can a guy change units?

Can change units/types or withdraw. Can’t change from regular to special.

Back