Wyoming deadline

Just got my app in for a gen tag. Not sure I will draw since my hunting buddy, who just got the all clear from his wife to go, didn’t have any PP’s so we’ll be splitting points. Montana is the backup plan.
Anyway, happy to have a trusted buddy with me this year for my second elk hunt. Last year I did it solo and though it was fun and I would do it again, I missed the comradery and added motivation that comes with having the right hunting partner.

Hey guys! I’ve put my 17 year old son in for elk gen tag..I can’t decide if I should put in with him..we both have 3 points. We’ve never elk hunted In any of the gen units..I didn’t want to burn my points and have 2 tags to fill and only fill one or zero and have both our points burned. Then again I have the thought we could both kill a bull or the chance to..I need some wise old advice lol. We are going to archery Hunt for sure this year if he gets drawn..and we are new at elk hunting besides a successful cow hunt last year with rifle.

Hey guys! I’ve put my 17 year old son in for elk gen tag..I can’t decide if I should put in with him..we both have 3 points. We’ve never elk hunted In any of the gen units..I didn’t want to burn my points and have 2 tags to fill and only fill one or zero and have both our points burned. Then again I have the thought we could both kill a bull or the chance to..I need some wise old advice lol. We are going to archery Hunt for sure this year if he gets drawn..and we are new at elk hunting besides a successful cow hunt last year with rifle.

Burn 'em! You'll kick yourself if you get the chance at a bull and don't have your tag

I was just thinking the same thing about AZ, whether or not to put in together with my wife, but with such poor odds, I figure more chances for a single tag is a better option.
Not exactly wise old advice, but I did my first Elk hunt last year in a quality draw unit with the wife and I filled my tag, but there would of been no way of filling a second. I killed on the evening of day 6, took til evening day 7 to get it out and I still had to boil the skull and recover from the pack out(3.8 miles deep). With the WY system and knowing you'll draw again next year i would only go for two if i had at least two full weeks to hunt. I figure next year i'll have enough to draw one in the special and the following we can draw one in the regular. I figure if we ever luck up and kill real early we could always pack up camp and head for an otc state.

ive got limited vacation this year,,thinkin i will just get a point for elk with only 2 points now,, and hope for cow tag,,maybe this will be my year for new mexico or nevada if lucky,,if no draw ican put in for idaho in june,,,still kinda pissed that they are gonna hold our wyoming money till may,,,{win,win for the credit card places,,another expence jammed up the applyer to absorb}let alone the date change messing things up.

ive got limited vacation this year,,thinkin i will just get a point for elk with only 2 points now,, and hope for cow tag,,maybe this will be my year for new mexico or nevada if lucky,,if no draw ican put in for idaho in june,,,still kinda pissed that they are gonna hold our wyoming money till may,,,{win,win for the credit card places,,another expence jammed up the applyer to absorb}let alone the date change messing things up.

Don't put in for Wyoming at all...plenty of others to take your place.

I could always use that 3rd tag.

Back