Wyoming bison hunt

Looks like a great adventure, kill or not. Those are really good photos, enjoyed them

A silent time asking the creator that when I go, I go like this bull did; and that when I live, I get to live like this bull did. Dying is one of life's most intimate events. I hope for me it happens in some wild place where the magpies and ravens can return me to the dirt.
Not sure the wife would agree to that one!

As they say, 'a picture is worth a thousand words' some superb photography there, very talented guy, oh and you of course Randy:D

Cheers

Richard

Well honed thought transcription Fin. I do believe the written imagery rivals the pics.

Thanks for taking us along, Big Fin. Always appreciate the effort you give and sharing the good and the not so good. It's what makes your show one of the best.

Great effort it was a tough bison hunt this year. I was there both last year when the bison were everywhere and then again this year when they were really tough to find. My son had a cow tag this year. I ran across that same dead bull in the cottonwoods in the Gros Ventre river bottom. My son was able to finally harvest a cow on December 31st, in the far Northeast corner. I was with him the day before and the bison crossed out of the refuge just as we got there. It was -14 when we left the truck on Dec 30. Did get to watch a lady kill a huge bull bison that was hanging out with another decent bull on the tallest point on the refuge.

Quick question if you have time for it. When you are hunting snow and have the potential to come across drifts, why are snow shoes strapped on the pack or is a matter of pack weight?

Dying is one of life's most intimate events. I hope for me it happens in some wild place where the magpies and ravens can return me to the dirt.

I'm going to steal that.

Thanks for taking us along on your hunt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back