NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wyoming 90-1 or 90-2?

sigpros

Hi guys new to the forum and new to Antelope hunting. These guys have been near the top of my list since I started hunting. I put in for both these units this year but no luck. I have 5 points going into next year hope to draw. Any tips on antelope in these areas? We will be camping so any good spots to camp? Is there any fishing a guy could do? I want to get a nice goat but being my first one I don't want to get into a big hurry after waiting this long on a tag. Thanks for any tips and this is a great site.

If your going to use up your points on a great unit, you should be a little picky.If you just want to get an antelope, buy a left over and hunt some HMA's.Can't help on the units you listed

Ya going to be picky. My best friend and I are going togther. We were just saying maybe we should of went and got one under our belt before we biult up all these points. But hey we will look over a bunch and go from there. Also taking a week off to do it so we should have some time. My friend went to airplane mechanic school in Wyoming about 15 years ago. Said he went with a guy back to rock springs on a break and said goats were all over there. Can't wait to go. I have awalys wanted a nice buck on the wall. I think they are a great looking animal

check out the resource page on this site for draw odds in Wy.Put in for the one you want and another for a 2nd choice and just go antelope hunting.Not only do they make a cool mount,but they are alot of fun to hunt.You won't have a problem finding antelope in Wy.I still need a few more points for a good area,but I'll be hunting them next year either way

Put in for the one you want and another for a 2nd choice and just go antelope hunting.
I think this is the best advice going for those with lots of points. If looking for a special one, I'd hate for it to be my first time looking as I still think they are hard to judge. Nothing beats practice at looking at them and there's lot of easy, decent units to hunt every year.

i've hunted 90 for doe's, Dad and I also are building points too try and draw that unit, we only have 2 going into next year, so we have probably 4 more years till we draw that tag, oh well, know the area good enough now after hunting it, and we are going too continue hunting it for doe's until we draw a buck tag..... good luck on the draw next year....
Matt

I drew 90-1 this year with a couple of friends. Opens this weekend, we'll be heading out on friday. I will let you know how it goes.

We made it for the opener. Lots of action and lots of antelope. They were pretty spooky, it was not easy to get within even a mile of them. But I did make a good stalk a really big buck. I got with 140yds and was setting up to make a shot and just my luck, a herd of wild horses come running over the ridge and blew the whole thing up. Saw lots of really nice bucks. Didn't get many opportunities to pull the trigger on the big ones. One of the guys did fill his tag with 14" buck and a doe. Still lots of season left to fill my tag. Might be back there this weekend if the deer hunt in Wyoming works out. I will be there for the opener of that on the 15th. If and when I notch a tag I'll post some pics.

Too bad you didn't put in for 90-1 as your first choice or you would have drawn. 4 pts was 100%. I hunted in 90-2 in 2008. Great hunt as I saw a lot of bucks! Just wish I knew then what I know now when it comes to judging them. Here he is.

Attachments

• ManRoom%20007[1].JPG
    ManRoom%20007[1].JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,459
90-2. He is an average buck for both 90-1 and 90-2. I wish I would have been more patient.

So your telling me not to be too fast on the trigger then. I can wait a couple days and pick one up like that at a latter date. It is a real pretty mount

So your telling me not to be too fast on the trigger then. I can wait a couple days and pick one up like that at a latter date. It is a real pretty mount

Thanks...pronghorn do make great mounts. And yup...don't get too itchy of a trigger finger.

yea if you wait for those magical last 10 days of the season you will see some big boys in both of those units, i'm talking 85"+ antelope maybe only 1 or 2 but they are there, so be patient, if I saw something over 82-83" you should probably shoot it....
Matt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back