WYGF Commissioner removed by Gordon

BuzzH

Just heard about this today, and I think there will be a lot of Resident hunters that aren't going to be happy with Governor Gordon.

Myself and a lot of other hunters worked quite a bit with Mike on many Wildlife related issues. IMO/E he was one of the most informed commissioners we had and seemed to really stand up for the average Wyoming Resident Hunter.

Even when I didn't agree with Mike, he was always professional and listened to differing opinions.

Not sure about the reasons for his removal other than speculation and what's in the article, but I will say I would never fire someone via email like Gordon did here.

I’ll post the same thing I did on another website about this. Mike was one of best Commissioners in the current bunch. Mike stood up for boot leather hunters in Wyoming. He stood up to WyOGA. Mike led the pushback against increasing the NR Gen elk license increase pushed by WyOGA a few years ago. Mike pushed back on the antelope tag giveaway to the one shot past shooters. Mike is one of the few Comns that even understands the basics of how tags are allocated and drawn, how quotas are set and what a fantastic resource Wyoming has for a Hunter not a business. Mike is badass Hunter in his own right, he kicked ass on the Teton Goat hunt. Buzz is right on with Mike being very interested in what the average Hunter thought. Can’t tell you how many times he reached out to me to discuss issues. We didn’t always agree but he damn sure wanted to hear what you had to say and understand your concerns so he could make an informed decision. This is a significant loss for the Commission and for the average Wyo hunter. With him gone and Cranks term ending we have big shoes to fill. This is another BS move by Gordon. Without a doubt the shittiest Gov during my time in Wyo. What a coward firing the guy over email. Be a man and talk to him face to face. Getting upset with dissenting opinions? This puts Gordon on the same level as the liberals that can’t handle a conservative voice in the media.

I’ll post the same thing I did on another website about this. Mike was one of best Commissioners in the current bunch. Mike stood up for boot leather hunters in Wyoming. He stood up to WyOGA. Mike led the pushback against increasing the NR Gen elk license increase pushed by WyOGA a few years ago. Mike pushed back on the antelope tag giveaway to the one shot past shooters. Mike is one of the few Comns that even understands the basics of how tags are allocated and drawn, how quotas are set and what a fantastic resource Wyoming has for a Hunter not a business. Mike is badass Hunter in his own right, he kicked ass on the Teton Goat hunt. Buzz is right on with Mike being very interested in what the average Hunter thought. Can’t tell you how many times he reached out to me to discuss issues. We didn’t always agree but he damn sure wanted to hear what you had to say and understand your concerns so he could make an informed decision. This is a significant loss for the Commission and for the average Wyo hunter. With him gone and Cranks term ending we have big shoes to fill. This is another BS move by Gordon. Without a doubt the shittiest Gov during my time in Wyo. What a coward firing the guy over email. Be a man and talk to him face to face. Getting upset with dissenting opinions? This puts Gordon on the same level as the liberals that can’t handle a conservative voice in the media.
You had me until that last line.

You had me until that last line.
No one who has read American history of the last 100 years can deny that both left and right try to restrict speech they disagree with when they have the power to do so. Too few Americans seem to actually believe in the right for those who disagree with them to be able to have a full voice in the public square. That will be what kills the American experiment, not single payer healthcare, not China, facebook, not immigration, not public lands policy, not the 2A, not tax policy, etc. It is said that the 2A protects the other 9As, but frankly it is the 1A that makes any of it worth while - there is a reason it is first. A society that can not embrace competing views is a society that will die in the end - and frankly it should.

No one who has read American history of the last 100 years can deny that both left and right try to restrict speech they disagree with when they have the power to do so. Too few Americans seem to actually believe in the right for those who disagree with them to be able to have a full voice in the public square. That will be what kills the American experiment, not single payer healthcare, not China, facebook, not immigration, not public lands policy, not the 2A, not tax policy, etc. It is said that the 2A protects the other 9As, but frankly it is the 1A that makes any of it worth while - there is a reason it is first. A society that can not embrace competing views is a society that will die in the end - and frankly it should.
I disagree, it's not about the tolerance of competing views but the need to vilify every one and thing you don't agree with. The need to draw a line in the sand to make you and your opinions clearly different from the "otherside".

I disagree, it's not about the tolerance of competing views but the need to vilify every one and thing you don't agree with. The need to draw a line in the sand to make you and your opinions clearly different from the "otherside".
I think your comments and mine are related and compatible. I think your remarks are the "how". "I" can't tolerate the views of others, so how do I make them stop? I villivy them. How do I know who they are? I draw stark battle lines between my "rightness" and the "other's wrongness".

Last edited:
shameful to think of the greatness of our country as an experiment

shameful to think of the greatness of our country as an experiment
Wow - you need to read more history. Calling America the great experiment is generally regarded as compliment and a nod to our uniqueness, vision, strength and resilience. If that offends you I don't know what to say, but maybe try not to find offense in everything. Typically it is far leftists that reject this label as they reject our "exceptionalism".

I have heard it used before and we use terms for a reason

So...

Anyone have any idea what this guy actually did or said that got him removed?

You tell me.
On a hunting forum but here we go> Talking down point> User knows better than the pions I just feel it puts our countries greatness down to elevate the rhetoric of the user.
Carry on my friend go plant a tree

Reading between the lines (I have no experience with him), he was a supporter of resident hunters, and butted heads with the commission in general, all of which should be fine. It sounds like when he lost the debate and the commission made a decision, he didn't support that publicly. That's never good for a team player.

Back