Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY Unit 91 Cow Tag

CubsFan

Was out there this past Fri-Sun and didn't hear or see any elk. Spent two days in the Cottonwood Creek area and one day in the Strawberry Creek area. Was pleased with the lack of pressure I experienced. Only saw 3 other parties of hunters and they were all on horseback and had rifles so I assume they were deer hunting. Spent most of my time between 8,500 - 9,500 elevation. Weather was rain/sleet/snow pretty much the entire time. I assumed that shouldn't have much impact on rutting elk but maybe I am wrong about that?

Wondering if anyone else has been in the unit or surrounding area and heard elk talking? Or what elevation you have been seeing elk. The tag is good until Dec 31st and I live only 2.5 hours away in Pocatello ID so I should get plenty more opportunities to fill my tag but hoping to get back out there this week because nothing compares to hunting with a bow in the rut. If anyone has any general advice for the unit they are willing to share please let me know.

The Grey's River road is a little farther from me but I'm thinking to check out that area this week. Looks like there is a long stretch of well maintained road you can travel along and I can bush whack my way up either side of the road to some potentially good spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back