WY Game and Fish wants your thoughts on the preference point system (Moose and Sheep)

So how do you transition out of a point system back to a random draw? Abruptly?šŸ˜‚
10,000+ NR Wy deer applicants, with 10+ pref points, are waiting for this answer. Not to mention the elk and antelope applicants.

Preference point systems are the point systems that are failing. Can anyone come up with a state with a bonus point system that is ā€œfailingā€? How is it failing?
Nevada, Montana.

I'm both states those with lots of points have worse odds than they did 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Nevada, Montana.

I'm both states those with lots of points have worse odds than they did 5, 10, 20 years ago.
Yeah but you still have a chance and you keep applying I suspect? Itā€™s failing because you havenā€™t drawn tags there?

Nevada, Montana.

Isnā€™t that due to a large increase in demand? Would any system have had better odds? In MT, I have max sheep points. The unit I apply for: My resident odds 1%. 0 points 0.1%

Isnā€™t that due to a large increase in demand? Would any system have had better odds? In MT, I have max sheep points. The unit I apply for: My resident odds 1%. 0 points 0.1%
Sharpen your pencil...your odds were better 10 years ago.

What was the intent of bonus points?
I donā€™t think anyone wanted or saw the increased demand that was coming upon hunting. Well maybe the people with business models did but I certainly didnā€™t.

Sharpen your pencil...your odds were better 10 years ago.
Yes, you are 100% correct but under any system that would be the case right? I think you nailed it in a different thread. Got to lower demand. Upfront all costs with a solid app fee.

Yes, you are 100% correct but under any system that would be the case right? I think you nailed it in a different thread. Got to lower demand. Upfront all costs with a solid app fee.
Maybe cap the amount of species you can go for. I donā€™t know. There is way more to it all than failing point systems

No, other systems would actually increase odds for long term applicants

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back