Point Riding and "Gaming Applications"

ShootsManyBullets

Who was that guy on here that was always offering to "help" people in Wyoming in return for sharing points?
Every year someone would post I have 10 points (or something like that) and not sure where to go. Concerned HT guy would make a couple posts then slide into the DMs with an offer to get him into a good area, etc.

JLS

Who was that guy on here that was always offering to "help" people in Wyoming in return for sharing points?
Every year someone would post I have 10 points (or something like that) and not sure where to go. Concerned HT guy would make a couple posts then slide into the DMs with an offer to get him into a good area, etc.
jims

Jt13

I have much less issue with this than the AZ Point Guard scam. At least they're going on the hunt not using the points to get the tags then getting the points back

SCliving Outdoors

You could easily remedy this by just getting rid of point guard. If you draw the tag you get the tag. If you don't want it don't apply for it. Up the application fee by $5 so you don't lose any money.

Wind Gypsy

Utah had to revise their rules around party applications since averaging worked for applying then the "fake hunters" turned in their tags to get points back. Rinse and repeat. Easy fix: All party members keep their tag upon drawing or all forfeit tags.

I think taking either this or the CO route are good solutions but both result in AZ getting less $.

rmyoung1

One perk about Arizona's Point Guard program: It allows the tagholder to donate the tag to a youth with a life-threatening illness without "starting over" in the point game. I had the opportunity to do this in 2019. The recipient was a 14-year-old boy who teamed up with Arizona Hunt of a Lifetime. He got a bull and called me after his hunt. It was a pretty neat thing to be a part of. I'd recommend it to anyone who had the means and desire to give a little back to the hunting community. @BuzzH pointed me to the program, and I’m happy I was able to contribute in a small way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana Lori