Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SF088 Contact House TRW

Died on final reading 22-40.
Sure did and Cyrus Western along with a handful of residents got it done.

This was not easy to stop since it was a task force recommendation.

Western saw what was at stake and amended the bill enough to get it killed.

I also know Sy Gilliland and the outfitter lobby did some work to kill it as well.

Going to be an interim topic...and it needs to be reworked correctly this time.

So where does this leave the discussion? What options are on the table? 90/10 makes the current draw unsustainable for most point holders.

Current system, 50-50 split random/preference points.
Bad policy, it that favors the old and informed over the passionate and/or young. Most will not see a preference point tag for 10+ years even with 15 years in, and now their chances at benefiting from their commitment/investment with better odds and a fair shot are no better than a new hunter. 90/10 broke the system, a 100% bonus (squared or unsquare) showed consideration of all stakeholders Based on reduced tag availability.

So 90/10 will be in place for this years draw? Will there even be any random tags for nonresidents?

Maybe one random bull moose tag for nr if last years quota is the same. None in sheep draw.
Well that makes it pretty straightforward for anybody with less than very high point totals

I hope that the final outcome is the end of the points system, at least for residents.

End all points, go to 100% random and allow those with points to retain the points as bonus points until they draw r die. Eventually clearing the system and setting it back to a 100% random draw…

Bad policy, it that favors the old and informed over the passionate and/or young. Most will not see a preference point tag for 10+ years even with 15 years in, and now their chances at benefiting from their commitment/investment with better odds and a fair shot are no better than a new hunter. 90/10 broke the system, a 100% bonus (squared or unsquare) showed consideration of all stakeholders Based on reduced tag availability.
Well, then keep it 75% going to preference point holders, 25% to random.

Guess what? young and those with anything less than max points have ZERO chance. Like that better?

Start by understanding how the draw system works in Wyoming, then form your opinion on the FACTS.

The tags need to be divided 50-50 for sheep or there flat wont be a random tag at all.

But, hey, whatever floats your boat and its pretty obvious the squared point idea is toast, mainly because it flat doesn't work for anyone.

I hope that the final outcome is the end of the points system, at least for residents.

End all points, go to 100% random and allow those with points to retain the points as bonus points until they draw r die. Eventually clearing the system and setting it back to a 100% random draw…
Fantasyland garbage...chit in one hand wish in the other, see which fills up first.

@BuzzH and @JM77 how do you guys see this eventuality turning out? Stay the same or eventually end up with a change in the system to draw in more fresh meat?

Well, then keep it 75% going to preference point holders, 25% to random.

Guess what? young and those with anything less than max points have ZERO chance. Like that better?

Start by understanding how the draw system works in Wyoming, then form your opinion on the FACTS.

The tags need to be divided 50-50 for sheep or there flat wont be a random tag at all.

But, hey, whatever floats your boat and its pretty obvious the squared point idea is toast, mainly because it flat doesn't work for anyone.

I understand perfectly. I have points but no chance of drawing a preference point tag in my lifetime. I have a random chance at one or a couple tags with the other thousands of point holders screwed by this + those with no points. Congratulations top point holders, you are the only ones that benefit from such a policy.

Current system, 50-50 split random/preference points.
NO portion of any system for high demand tags can include a preference point component of any size.

Has Colorado taught us nothing about preference systems?

Suared bonus was a reasonable long term solution. 50-50 random/preference is not a long term solution. The preference side is already too populated.

Last edited:
Back