WY Elk Email?

6speed

Has anyone got the email containing pictures of 40+ bull elk crossing the highway supposedly near Evanston WY? It looks almost too good to be true. I would add a picture but I'm not sure how to get a pic from email to here.

No feedground close by. Most those elk live on desert land and livestock land. They cross that section of highway on a regular basis during the winter time.

A lot of people don't realize that bulls with gather up like that after the rut and will stay like that all winter. Many animals are like that where the sexes are apart most of the year until breeding season approaches.

There are some major inches of antler going on right there, thats perrty cool. That would be fun to see in person.

No feedground close by. Most those elk live on desert land and livestock land. They cross that section of highway on a regular basis during the winter time.
100% correct. The right side of the highway is mostly DL&L and the left side is either BLM or State. Its too bad they don't use the let down fence area about 2 miles to the north of there, that some smart guy helped get done. They wouldn't have to jump.

PS- Wonder how many UTahns will wait until the 'opening' day to go look for sheds there?

Last edited:
That's cool. Bottom photo looks real. Top photo almost looks like and "double image". Where one photo was taken and a second later another photo was taken in the exact same position (on a tripod) then overlayed. Some of the bulls "close" to each other appear to have the same coloring or antler shape. Either way these are cool photos.

good luck to all
the dog

I know the bulls bachelor up in the winter I just have never seen this many. I used to have 15 or 20 that would winter by my house a few years ago before I moved. I attempted to count in the one picture and it looks like 60+

I saw over 20 branch-antlered bulls in a line one year in late October while I was in Wyoming on my annual deer hunt. I was up on a high spot glassing for mulies and movement caught my eye a couple miles to the north. A big bull came out of a big cut and I watched as he headed to the southwest. Then another came up out of there and another and another until I quit counting because I just couldn't believe it!!! There was no snow and it wasn't even winter yet like in this photo.

Shots like that keep the pumper pumping. We have seen them lined out like that a bit further North. Looked like ants crawling over a mountain pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back