Wow what a story...talk about your classic bait and switch.

MarvB

SOme of you may have already seen/heard about this guys "hunt"...I hadn't and its quite the story. All the more reason that I find hunting on my own (or with friends) more gratifying.

I don't know if this guy contacted any other references prior to this "hunt" or just took the word of a TV personality but whoooowheeeee:

Click here for the canned hunt of a lifetime

Ithaca- I just cant fuggin imagine plunking down $9 bills and then turning down some driveway and see a herd of ear tags happily munchin' away at their feeders! :eek: I think I'd wet myself and then be lookin to pinch someones head off :mad:

this is Tom`s hero, I have posted before Keith Warren is an ass clown and Tom stuck up for him, the other guy that is just as bad is Chasing the Dream and Shawn something what a smacked ass

Amazing does not even come close, he needs to have a picture of Keith, the outfitter and the guides hanging from a meat pole! I would hope I could read the place from the get go and haul my butt out of there with at least 1/2 of my money. Sad, Sad.

I think the guys Hunting were ASS clowns...

Even in a pen these clowns had a hard time killing something !!!

Grant it that the Bait and switch was used, but they should have been able to kill something in a pen... a whitetail deer with 6 shots with a fence as a Bouncing pad ? How many animals would they wound in the "REAL WORLD".

Although I'm not a Big fan of Game farms, those guys should have been hunting one and should stay there !!!!!!!

"Wow what a story...talk about your classic bait and switch. 10 viewers !!!"

I'm guessing this will be another cjcj soapbox ;)

moosie is right on that point the boys hunting should have done a little more home work, hell I saw the show where Keith killed his bufflo with a bow at the same place and the bull was in a field, the bull walked right up to our hero Keith and he shoots it with a bow then claims how proud he was of the kill,,,

Man, that sucks!

The hunters may not have done enough due dilligence on the operation but it sounds like they did enough not to get hosed and lied to like that.

What sucks even worse is that the forum shut down discussion on the topic.

280..... I think anyone wanting to shoot a buffalo should expect a fence. 1-pointer talks about free ranging hard to get buffalo in Utah but I haven't heard of any other place. MAybe you could tell me were to get a Hard to shoot free ranging buffalo ?

thats my point moosie, what did these guys think? Canada is full of wild buffalo?

280, you don't know who my hero is, so don't go putting your words in my mouth. I do know Keith Warren personally. The buffaloe was the easiest hunt when he was there, I heard. He has no control over the outfitter. Donahue showed up at Keith's forum with his dissappointments. The guy seemed to have some personal communication problems in the thread there, so they deleted it. Bear Valley Outfitters has a web page, it seems pretty obvious there is a communication gap if you look at it. I found none of the claims Donahue talked about when I looked at it. The guy feels cheated, but I don't really think he thinks too clearly based on the thread where I interacted with him a little.

He should take some legal action if they made fraudulant claims.

Every time we shoot an animal it "walks up to us" if we get in its path and wait or just happen to be there when we see it. Its hard to make a show every week and not have some better or worse than others. Keith has lots of good shows, as I understand it, although, I don't watch TV much at all.

He is a great guy, from what I know personally, interacting with him. He really supports hunting with youth, as that is the future of hunting, and that is very admirable.

There's more to this Donahue story than what Donahue's view is, but we'd have to talk with the other parties to hear the rest of the story.

Here's another review of Bear Valley Outfitters that I cut and pasted from a post by SJ.

Bear Valley Outfitters

Owner: Chris Switzer
Species Hunted: TROPHY WHITETAIL
Quality of Game Sighted: EXCELLENT
Quantity of Game Sighted: EXCELLENT
Quality of Accommodations: EXCELLENT
Condition of Camp Equipment: VERY GOOD
Quality of Food: EXCEPTIONAL
Experience of Guides: VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE
Experience of Other Personnel: VERY GOOD
Overall Impression of the Hunt: GREAT EXPERIENCE
Would you recommend this outfitter: YES
Comments:
HUNTED THANKSGIVING WEEK IN 1999. FIRST DAY I LET 15 TROPHY BUCKS WALK. DID NOT WANT TO SHOT ON FIRST DAY.MY GROUP CONSISTED OF 7 HUNTERS. WE HUNTED 6 DAYS.FOUR BUCKS TAKEN WENT OVER 150 B.C. OTHERS PASSED ON 140 CLASS BUCKS. MRS.HELEN'S KITCHEN MEALS WERE OUTSTANDING.GUIDES DID EVERTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE OUR HUNT GREAT.WILL BE RETURNING THIS YEAR DURING THANKSGIVING WEEK.
CHRIS SWITZER RUNS A PROFESSIONAL OUTFITTING BUSINESS.

How to Contact You:
WARREN HOFFMAN, WARREN [email protected]
24015 HWY.386
GROSSE TETE, LA.

Didn't Chuck Adams get the world record P&Y buffaloe at the Kaibab plateau in Arizona a few years ago? That would be a place for wild buffaloe.

That is funny that people would actually defend the outfitter....

Here is the Outfitter's description of his Elk Hunts.... How could the client not know that it is a canned hunt?

ELK HUNT

Bear Valley Outfitters runs a great elk operation; God's country with rolling hay land, heavy bush, willow runs, swamps, lakes, etc. These exclusive ranches hold fabulous hunting for each and every client we take out.

We encourage all clients to take mature 6x6 plus bulls. Rifle, archery, muzzle-loader hunts are all welcome. We set our own season, August 15 -- December, which does allow you greater flexibility . A limit of two per ranch per week (on less in same party 4) - ensures everyone great odds.

First class care of all harvest, approx 400 - 500 lbs of elk meat. Hunts are normally guided 2 x 1 with stalking, calling, stand hunting. This is not a physical hunt. ATV travel is possible for needy clients.

Our bottom line is -- safe hunting, 100% kill , 5 star lodging, great meals, etc, plus you take home some fabulous table fare.

We invite you to come and enjoy a professionally run ranch operation for a great time and the trophy of your dreams.

Outfitter Chris Switzer
Link to BVO Elk Hunts.....

You can hunt free ranging buffalo in BC, at sikanni river outfitters. Its a cool hunt (really, the season is in december purposely to help you keep all the meat). Mike AHammett gets 10 tags per year and figures he has around 500 buffalo in his outiftter area. www.sikanniriver.com but I agree most buffalo hunts are fenced, and its not a whole lot tougher if they are not. I'm not sticking up for the guy, but why would his buddy spend nearly 10 grand and drive across north america and take a 30-30?

Member # 272

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2004 12:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've gone on a hog hunt and a deep sea fishing trip with Keith Warren out of his forum and he's a neat guy, very pleasant, very knowledgable, and very fun. His family and staff are good people. His 10 year old son just shot a blackbuck doe right between the eyes on a hunt last weekend. His daughter is only 8 and her nickname is Dead Eye, he's bringing both of them on a forum member hunt in Aug. I don't like watching the shows much and don't, I'd rather be outdoors doing something, instead of watching it. I respect Keith Warren a lot, especially after meeting him and hunting and fishing with him a little.

Here's a picture from the fishing trip I went on.
http://www.huntandlodge.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=43;t=000065;p=1#000004

Tom this is your post from a while back,,,sounds like he is your hero to me!

Here's some hero definitions.

a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength; "RAF pilots were the heroes of the Battle of Britain"
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
(classical mythology) a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god

A rarity on the battlefield, the hero is a solitary combatant that is able to perform actions without being part of a unit. Unlike Stragglers, who have been separated from their unit, heroes were never part of a unit. Heroes may be part of the player’s command structure (such as a platoon or company commander), or they may be independent of the command structure (such as civilians or journalists).
www.phoenixcommand.com/basemini1.htm

My post just describes a very nice and knowledgable family guy who I respect. That is different than being a hero, but I guess you can use the word however you want.
I think he's a great guy, with a great personality, a great family, and has a great business. That's different than those definitions of hero above.

Back