Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wow what a story...talk about your classic bait and switch.

I'm guessing this will be another cjcj soapbox
LMAO!

...Though I think these guys (with considerable help from the Outfitter) screwed themselves I gotta agree about a couple of things.

One, and Gunner points this out, you have to wonder if BVO's website was around or has been changed since this fracas...words like "set own seasons", "100% success", "ranch operation", shoulda been a red flag to these nimrods.

...also FIVE shots to the neck and then a finisher???? I'd hope for better results than with a 22 rimfire!

I do know that on the very few (4 in 30 years) "guided" hunts I've been on I have burned down the phone lines checking references before spending a plug nickle. Ya gotta do some homework and it usually can't begin and end with watching TV. I still did get screwed once myself...but thats another story for another topic (and no, it had nothing to do with hunting in a cage)

I think if the guys Truely didn't want to hunt a "CAGE" then they should have gone home and taken acton. If they stayed and shot 1 animal only, they should have just let it alone.

Let's play a different game :

If I was single and didn't believe in prostitution and went to a bar and picked up a hot chick and got her back to the hotel and she said $20 and I'll get Freaky with you. If I said, "Well I'm not sure paying $20 makes this prostitution" or "If I'm here I might as well see". Then If I get some Disease I shouldn't bitch about prostitutes. Game farms are like Prostitutes, It's a Sure thing.

Don't misunderstand me that i don't like Prostitutes OR Game farms. I think they both have their places.

These guys if they didn't believe in Canned hunts they should have left. PERIOD !!! Or they should have been smart enough to tell they were with a Prostitute.......

:D I like your analogies (don't take that wrong!!) Mooseman. I think in this case their wallets got the best of em'...they had already given (I'll use your example) their ho's a $10 spot in advance and thought they'd just hang around the hotel room long enough to see if they could justify spending the other $10 to get a piece of as..errr..ahh "meat"!

They paid their deposit with a credit card, they should have left (before killing anything ), and protested the charges. The credit card co. would have refunded their deposit and back billed the "outfitter". Once they harvested an animal, they had no recourse.
Anyone who hunts with an "outfitter" and dosn't check a lot of referance, is asking for trouble.

NO DOUBT!! Un-frickin-believable! How could these guys not know it was a canned hunt. Anything that says 100% Kill is obvious. These crackers didn't call a single reference? I can't believe he would shoot at the neck 5 times! I think I would admit to a canned hunt before I admitted to shooting at the neck of a dink 5 times and still needing the help from a fence.

Bottom line is that story made me sick. Everything about it. Canned hunts suck, but there out there and everybody knows it. Why give our sport an even bigger black eye by telling his story to every dickhead out there?

I read the story and my first thought were these clowns werent hunters but were setting canned hunts up to say something bad about them. I belive they are anti hunters trying to pass off as hunters.

the guys cant shoot, they have 30-30's on a freaking elk and bison hunt WTF? I dont think I would even have brought that gun even for bear or whitetails.

bison hunting is like that hear in AZ in the flagstaff area, game and fish takes you to a spot points your bison you shoot it your done.
houserock ranch on teh otherhand is a tad different, the buddy that shot the one on my wall said he shot and they all stood there and looked at him while he gutted it.
I know guys that have also hunted on that ranch for bison and some stay around some bolt at the first site of man..

as far as the elk I have shot elk and they all stand there looking stupid at ya while your walking up to them., also shot them and they run like hell.

Ive shot antelope ,gutted ,took pictures and then carried it out and had 20 no more than 50 yards from us the whole time.

Theres more to this story than they are saying.
besides they looked pretty happy in the pictures. and the guy telling the story didnt seem to mind killing everything he always went first.

Scam
Delw

Dont see why people hunt them things anyhow, what challenge and or satisfaction can you possibly get out of that, none I would say! Real Hunters wont hunt these places anyhow their tourist attractions for them-there-city-folk! I myself have never hunted anything but public land and unless them critters can come and go on their own on private I wont consider it in the future. I tell ya what haven't killed no trophys yet but would take a smaller buck that I put the time and effort into, then a $2-9,000 cage critter with B&C or P&Y material that has no chance with farmed tamed mentallity; but again thats just me!

I could never do this type of hunt and they do give hunting a bad name but a 30-30, at 200 yards, going for the neck with open sites. The guy,out of protest, decides not to bear hunt on public land, the only thing close to fair chase(to me). Why do they post the humane society to contact? This story smells even if he has pics.don

Yep Del, that was my first thought too. A fake story to try to end game farms up there. They could have easily stolen the pictures from someone's website.

I just found it odd that they spend 9k each on a hunt and bring a freaking $150 30-30, most guys with that kinda money would have some high cal magnum, let along guys from back east those guys all have to have mag.s to hunt.

The .30-30 is not that big of deal. I have known guys who have gone on bison "hunts" that wanted to do it with an old lever gun. Not sure if they went as far as to do it from horseback, with the reins in their teeth.... ;)

I just assumed the guy had the .30-.30 up as an extra gun.

And I can buy the story of the guy trying the neck shots, once they decided they were meat hunting. And neck shots are not as reliable as a lot of people like to brag about.

There is an old saying, "Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be attributed to ignorance". Or it is kind of like that....

In any event, I doubt these guys are trying to end Canned hunts or make people like Tom quit hero worshipping some big-bellied Texan on TV. My guess is they are idiots who lost their money.

Kind of reminds me of some guy who got all mad at NAHC for not getting all the benefits of his "Lifetime Membership". Seems like if I got ripped off on a "membership" or on a hunt, I wouldn't go around bashing the party that was smarter than me. I would just keep my mouth shut, and chalk one up to the "school of hard knocks".

In the end on this, these were Canned Hunts and anybody who defends them, defends big bellied Texan TV guys who hunt fences, or believes there is more to the story is just kind of not playing with all the cards in the deck...

Here is the TV guide description of the canned hunting Texan's adventures....

03-34 “THE SASKATCHEWAN SAFARI, PART 1”
AIRS: Week of February 23, 2004
OUTFITTER: Bear Valley Outfitters (204) 734-4658 www.bearvalleyoutfitters.com
This week we head north of the border to Saskatchewan, Canada on the first part of the Saskatchewan Safari. Keith gets up close and personal to both a black bear and an American bison, hunting with a bow .

03-35 “THE SASKATCHEWAN SAFARI, PART 2”
AIRS: Week of March 1, 2004
The Saskatchewan Safari continues as Keith goes after a trophy bull elk, spotting & stalking with his bow. Plus we’ll follow along with other hunters who joined Keith on this exciting hunt.

03-36 “THE SASKATCHEWAN SAFARI, PART 3”
AIRS: Week of March 8, 2004
The Saskatchewan Safari concludes as Keith tries his luck on a spot & stalk bow hunt for a whitetail buck.

Neck shots my ass...these dickheads just can`t shoot...Moosie is right these dipshits belong on a game farm...if they had "fair chase
" there would be wounded critters all over the place...these jerks smell like "slob" hunters to me.

Spot and stalk??? Ya gotta love that creative license don't ya? In the middle of an open, flat, penned area it was more like look and lob IMHO...

Good catch on that "Human Society" link- I didn't see that the first time through. Doesn't lend a whole lot of cred to the story does it...
Also I think I might have spent one extra day north of the border before I just left behind "$8,000 in meat" wassssszup with that?

I've got to say that when this guy started looking for another animal (after the first one was down) his reason to bitch was gone. to keep "hunting" and THEN complain!!!! he's way out of line. both the outfitter and the client sound like butt grease to me.

defends big bellied Texan TV guys who hunt fences
FYI gunner most people that hunt these ranches aren't Texans, They are wealthy yankees and people whom can afford several thousand dollars to throw around on high fence hunts and safaris! ;)

Originally posted by snake river rufus:
I've got to say that when this guy started looking for another animal (after the first one was down) his reason to bitch was gone. to keep "hunting" and THEN complain!!!! he's way out of line. both the outfitter and the client sound like butt grease to me.
Heck, I'd say both of their reasons to Bitch was gone as soon as they lobbed their first non-lethal shot's.....sounds like there was a lot of them......At that rate I think they should stick with shooting fish in a barrel......it makes me cringe at the thought of how many wounded animals they've lost in the real wild, through the years....it makes me cringe how non-chalantly he speaks of his misses like it's no big deal...."go back to the valley, man" comes to mind......

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back