PEAX Equipment

Worth a listen..this one hit home.

Over all I like the song. Lyrics speak more to me in the first half then the second but I laughed the first time I heard the welfare queen lines.

So whose side am I on if I like this song?

There's an interesting part of angsty blue collar music that comes from people who claim to believe strongly in the role of personal responsibility. The problem is never theirs. Coal country music? The evil corporate Yankees came in and bought up the mineral rights. The rich men north of Richmond want total control and impose their will against our will, taxing us to death.

Who sold the land? Who voted in the politicians?

Oh and by the way, theres a pretty big crossover between people who complain about the rich men north of Richmond and the people who make fun of McDonald's workers saying they deserve a better wage.

There's an interesting part of angsty blue collar music that comes from people who claim to believe strongly in the role of personal responsibility. The problem is never theirs. Coal country music? The evil corporate Yankees came in and bought up the mineral rights. The rich men north of Richmond want total control and impose their will against our will, taxing us to death.

Who sold the land? Who voted in the politicians?

Oh and by the way, theres a pretty big crossover between people who complain about the rich men north of Richmond and the people who make fun of McDonald's workers saying they deserve a better wage.
I think it's humanity's propensity to self sabotage and then claim to be a martyr. As @Gerald Martin pointed out, there are often options to better oneself but it's certainly easier to claim victimhood. And there is no bigger narrative today than claiming to be a victim of something rather than a victor over that thing.

Personal responsibility is in short supply for supporters of both parties, for people of all walks of life, and within all levels of personal wealth. Hold yourself accountable, forgive others, be kind, be gracious, and be the kind of person you want your kids to look up to.

Last edited:
I can see where someone who grew up outside of Appalachia would think that. There seems to be (or at least there was prior to Covid) a sense of personal responsibility in the West (CA excluded) that doesn’t exist where I live. The Government has built a system where the less you do the more you can get and the more fatherless kids you add to the mix then that’s even better. It is a cycle that has no visible end. Food stamps buying fudge rounds and mt dew which creates more diabetes and hypertension and higher Medicaid premiums and more money for the richest of the rich.
Generational curses come in all forms. The youngins in the family need to break those curses. Just cause dad or mom did XYZ that way doesn't mean you have to, youngins can change the path of an entire generation in their families. But I know what your saying i grew up in po dunk town in PA.

Guy lives on 90 acres of land in Virginia and came to the epiphany that life ain’t fair a couple years ago after getting jaded from getting drunk and high long enough that the thrill was gone.

Politicians must not have taken all that
bullshit pay from his overtime hours. 😄

I've always liked a good cry in your beer song, especially the ones where the mug is half full.

Like this one......
"I've got silver in the stars, and gold in the morning sun....."

I'm sure his next song will be an uplifting ballad about the miner who reinvented himself by going through the government's retraining programs and support services for dislocated miners so they can adapt to high-paying, high demand positions in the energy industry.

Of course I'm kidding. Americans love self-pity country songs.

From 1971…

Lyrics:

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me, where is sanity?
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more
I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you
Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding, economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money? No, not poor me
Oh, yeah
World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

Y’all might want to take another look at the lyrics of this song by 10 Years After.

It was written over 50 years ago…

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back