Wolves Have Been Released

Yeah I know what ranchers will do. They'll thump their chests and act tough, and then do nothing. Politicians will thump their chests in sympathy and once they have your vote they'll do nothing too. Hunters will complain and then do nothing.

Meanwhile, the wolf activists and anti-hunters are already preparing the language and funding for their next ballot initiative.
Yeah, the only thing that will save the released wolves are their GPS collars.

This is a bummer! They released them off of Trough road in Grand County, Colorado. My old stomping grounds. Sad deal for sure and it will only lead to more stupid ballot initiatives!

Where was the information exactly where it happened? Do you have a citing or link to it? That area is my current stomping grounds. Thanks

There will be some unhappy elk hunters in the upcoming decades, that won’t be just squealing for excuses about poor hunting and the good old days.
It will be interesting to see if in 20 years there are big concentrations of elk on the pivots on private in the valleys and few if any elk left in the mountains.

I always find it interesting that so many hunters who claim to value conservation of the land and wild things are able to justify that we should only conserve certain wild things that they personally enjoy.

Shouldn't it be all of nature, predator and prey? Land and animals? Fish and watershed? Etc. Not just what we enjoy hunting personally?

Saw this yesterday, 5 now and 15-20 more will be released.... It's not the end of the world.

I always find it interesting that so many hunters who claim to value conservation of the land and wild things are able to justify that we should only conserve certain wild things that they personally enjoy.

Shouldn't it be all of nature, predator and prey? Land and animals? Fish and watershed? Etc. Not just what we enjoy hunting personally?
It’s comical to me to be seeing a bunch of “conservationist” influencers all up in arms about this the last few days while they are almost completely silent on any other wildlife management topic. This has been coming for a while, where were they before hand?

I’ll admit to not liking the process, think Colorado will have an incredibly difficult road to any sort of delisting, and do believe it will negatively effect big game species populations but wolves were already on their way and are native wildlife…

and I think there would be somewhat less contention around this issue if it came from one or more of these things:

1. a science based approached. aka CPW approved and recommended
2. letting wolves establish a foothold here on their own (as they already were)
3. Not decided by voters who will never have to interact with these animals if they don't want to

I get some of the uproar, especially as it relates to 1-3. But the OP attitude is laughable

This is a bummer! They released them off of Trough road in Grand County, Colorado. My old stomping grounds. Sad deal for sure and it will only lead to more stupid ballot initiatives!
Interesting - thanks for the heads up. So about 8miles SW of Kremmling near the Radium WMA?

and I think there would be somewhat less contention around this issue if it came from one or more of these things:

1. a science based approached. aka CPW approved and recommended
2. letting wolves establish a foothold here on their own (as they already were)
3. Not decided by voters who will never have to interact with these animals if they don't want to

I get some of the uproar, especially as it relates to 1-3. But the OP attitude is laughable
Personally I'm fine with the voters deciding. Agreed they don't have to interact with them if they don't want to, but it's not my place to decide who vote on an issue like this, ya know?

Like I don't go to school or interact with the school, but if I have the chance to vote on school expansion I will. Just cause I won't use it doesn't mean I don't get a say

Back