Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wolves Have Been Released

Your point and my point are the same. Nobody cares enough on “our side” to foot the bill.

so then we must stoop.

if you can't convince em to care, you gotta trick em to care.

NRA is wildly effective and i would argue it's because they use the same tactics as the HSUS.

i just honestly don't know. we have tons of groups that get fractured levesl of funding across the US and all with varied different mission - whether it's specific species or specific habitat or whatever. we need some big powerhouse national organizations that can throw very serious weight. BHA and RMEF seem like the only ones that come close, but i bet their budgets are pathetic compared to the HSUS

so then we must stoop.

if you can't convince em to care, you gotta trick em to care.

NRA is wildly effective and i would argue it's because they use the same tactics as the HSUS.

i just honestly don't know. we have tons of groups that get fractured levesl of funding across the US and all with varied different mission - whether it's specific species or specific habitat or whatever. we need some big powerhouse national organizations that can throw very serious weight. BHA and RMEF seem like the only ones that come close, but i bet their budgets are pathetic compared to the HSUS
Organizations with 501(c)(3) status are limited in what they can do due to lobbying restrictions.

Personally I'm fine with the voters deciding. Agreed they don't have to interact with them if they don't want to, but it's not my place to decide who vote on an issue like this, ya know?

Like I don't go to school or interact with the school, but if I have the chance to vote on school expansion I will. Just cause I won't use it doesn't mean I don't get a say
The voters of CO were pushed by the Gov's husband who is in bed w Humane Society ($$) and other national anti-hunting groups to override the professional position of state wildlife agency CPW's biologists and staff, who formally opposed wolf reintroduction 2x in the years before the ballot measure. Scientists said reintroduced wolves are not a good addition to CO's ecosystem, noting that wolves were migrating into CO on their own. In this instance, emotional appeals fueled by out-of-state deep pockets to override science and the decision of our state agency created to and charged with managing wildlife. That does not bode well for the future of evidence-based wildlife management in CO and elsewhere.

There are only forum/app posts with secondhand information. There will not be an official statement from the agency beyond 'Grand County'. Someone will almost certainly match the background of the still photos/screen captures of the release site with a landscape but even that probably wont be definitive unless they left some metadata in a photo somewhere. As I said in the other thread, that location meets a lot of the criteria and very well may be accurate, but there's nothing concrete.
I’d say its pretty concrete where they were dumped…IMG_5220.jpegIMG_5222.jpeg

That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. Just you saying "If I'm in country, I'll shoot cause I'm thinking it's coming to eat me." tells me you should take a good hard look in the mirror.
No comment, other than if a wolf was charging you, what the hell would you do... stand there like fool and let him attack you?? Guess you'd do the same with a grizzly!!!

Back