Wolves delisting imminent

I am missing a few steps in logic, how does having too many wolves in my county (to the extent that they depopulate whitetails to historic lows and turn on every other thing walking the land for an alternate source of food) help Yellowstone. Do tell, as I want to do my PL best.
Historic lows? How far back are we counting here? Asking for a friend.

The point is that we all are in favor of conservation and intact ecosystems, but wildlife management issues are complex especially as humans increasingly encroach on habitat throughout the west.

Wolf management like that off all other species should be done by the states, and using the best available science, while at the same time acknowledging the realities of the landscape and our interactions with them.

Viral videos should not drive nuanced policy discussions, biologist should.

This.

Wildlife management is one of the many responsibilities which belongs to the states, or between neighboring states in the event of interstate herds.

We are taking up wildlife habitat at an incredible rate, and we as society are putting a greater strain on the earth as a whole.

We cannot have this wonderful utopia (whatever that is) which lives in everyone's minds.

Resources need to be found and harvested (mining, logging, drilling, etc) and we can't just drop back to the 1700's in terms of technology and stress we put on the environment.

Every state is unique and even counties within states are unique (Clark vs Eureka County in NV for example).

Bring the management to a local level.

I am glad for this change, and I am not impacted by wolves directly.

The point is that we all are in favor of conservation and intact ecosystems, but wildlife management issues are complex especially as humans increasingly encroach on habitat throughout the west.

Wolf management like that off all other species should be done by the states, and using the best available science, while at the same time acknowledging the realities of the landscape and our interactions with them.

Viral videos should not drive nuanced policy discussions, biologist should.

That study was thoroughly disproved stop trying to push it. If you actually believe in science then try using real science.

If history has taught us anything, wolves will be back on the list by this time next year. Probably sooner.

As a Coloradan who is pretty sure the wolf reintroduction will be passed, my hope is that we'll bring the wolves to the areas where the most votes for them were passed. So if you're out on the western slope you probably won't see them, but if you're running on the green belts in metro boulder/denver you'll see lots of wolves. I mean it's only fair if you voted for them you should get the pleasure of seeing them right out your front window.

Back