Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wolves and lions will save the trees....

What a typical CNN enviros bunch of crap. Talks about evolution like it’s just a fact. Says it’s all because of too many deer and elk and we need more wolves and lions to keep them in check. WHAT? Last I heard the deer in Utah aren’t anywhere near the numbers they used to be or should be. I believe we have to many predators as it is for our deer herds in the west to rebound. Climate change is going to destroy the aspens like man should be ashamed and can do anything to stop it. Then later says no studies have been done on the aspen grove
“ Pando”. Kind of shoots his story down the tubes.

What a typical CNN enviros bunch of crap. Talks about evolution like it’s just a fact. Says it’s all because of too many deer and elk and we need more wolves and lions to keep them in check. WHAT? Last I heard the deer in Utah aren’t anywhere near the numbers they used to be or should be. I believe we have to many predators as it is for our deer herds in the west to rebound. Climate change is going to destroy the aspens like man should be ashamed and can do anything to stop it. Then later says no studies have been done on the aspen grove
“ Pando”. Kind of shoots his story down the tubes.
It's an opinion piece, so don't put too much on CNN. And there was nothing in there about needing more wolves and lions. The author simply pointed out that predators kept cervid numbers in check. Again, it's an opinion piece. so the author doesn't have to state facts of any type, and i'm not sure if that predator-prey statement is true or not. My default is it is probably more complicated than that. The author just needs to be coherent enough to get it published. I see a lot of crap in the WSJ, so that bar is pretty low everywhere.

Colorado has the largest living organism in the world. White Barked Aspens. Mountain lions must be operating double time to cover for the lack of wolves. Their bromance should arrive soon enough to reduce this organism and give the lions a break.

Deer and elk can absolutely have a negative impact on aspen stands. A nearby wildlife refuge has well documented data showing a very negative correlation between elk numbers and regeneration of aspens.
It is possible that dry weather might slow growth, so the same number of cervids could do more damage and prevent the tree from spreading and growing fast enough to compensate for the browse. RMEF had a recent article about about increased global temps limiting aspen stands and some efforts to replant or trimming some of hte pine that was competing. I hate to see a generic article pointing out the need for important work on habitat diversification turn into the normal bashing of predators/CNN/liberals/whatever else you don't like.

Let the off-season begin!

It is possible that dry weather might slow growth, so the same number of cervids could do more damage and prevent the tree from spreading and growing fast enough to compensate for the browse. RMEF had a recent article about about increased global temps limiting aspen stands and some efforts to replant or trimming some of hte pine that was competing. I hate to see a generic article pointing out the need for important work on habitat diversification turn into the normal bashing of predators/CNN/liberals/whatever else you don't like.

Let the off-season begin!
Absolutely. Also, drought can affect other food sources, which in turn increases browse pressure on aspen stands.

I agree, it’s a poorly written op-Ed, but some folks need to breathe a little.

It certainly can be true that

1) aspen stands are suffering from overuse
2) this is exacerbated by drought and climate change
3) the presence or absence of wolves and lions has little to do with it

Wolves also eat elk and deer with hoof rot and CWD so are they helping or hurting trees when they do that?

I am getting ready to start a business of selling empty paint buckets. I am going to name it, “Five gallons of wishful thinking that will save the world.” It will only cost $99.99 to feel good for a little bit.

Wolves also eat elk and deer with hoof rot and CWD so are they helping or hurting trees when they do that?

I am getting ready to start a business of selling empty paint buckets. I am going to name it, “Five gallons of wishful thinking that will save the world.” It will only cost $99.99 to feel good for a little bit.
Need multiple mixes in this political environment. Put "Five gallons of solution to all the problems that make you angry."on other buckets. Instructions for both buckets will be "Put the bucket on your head and pretend you see the world however you want it to be."

Bitter man. Gerald, you're usually an upbeat gent. This new wave of absolute ethically rated FWP series of modifications really has you downtrodden.
Cheer up! Buy a blunderbuss and see how many elk you can hit at one time from your snowmobile...

Miss ya! :) really though, your pissed off meter has you really fuming in Bozeman. Must be the non stop work building for more people to join this awesome long season for our incoming residents.

Bitter man. Gerald, you're usually an upbeat gent. This new wave of absolute ethically rated FWP series of modifications really has you downtrodden.
Cheer up! Buy a blunderbuss and see how many elk you can hit at one time from your snowmobile...

Miss ya! :) really though, your pissed off meter has you really fuming in Bozeman. Must be the non stop work building for more people to join this awesome long season for our incoming residents.
Better days ahead. 😁. I am starting to understand @mtmuley.

I am a grandpa now. It’s only appropriate I start working on curmudgeon status.

Need multiple mixes in this political environment. Put "Five gallons of solution to all the problems that make you angry."on other buckets. Instructions for both buckets will be "Put the bucket on your head and pretend you see the world however you want it to be."
You get it. Want to partner up halfsies on the business?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back