Wolves and lions will save the trees....

You get it. Want to partner up halfsies on the business?
Paint cans are in short supply. Maybe if you know a guy that get some cheap. I really don't think there is a long-term future in it. Eventually we will all have Virtual Reality headsets and create whatever world we want. Every hunt in the Metaverse will have a 200in Mulie buck and 350in Bull.

Iā€™m going to have to exercise my Google foo, because I have no idea WTF the meta-verse is

It is all a ruse to dumb down America for an agenda based on power over the people. Many have been blindly led down that path.

The Federal Government has admitted to ā€œClimate Changeā€ happening for hundreds of years, but sometimes they forget they admit it.

This is a sign in Mesa Verde that explains it isnā€™t new...

F7C3CBF5-94D4-4327-AFB9-C858BE52C70B.jpeg

A 106 acre stand of aspens isn't chit. In Upper Michigan it's not uncommon for aspen stands to go on for miles.

There is a lot of research on over browsing oof plants by deer. Just was talking with a guy who used to pick wild ginseng, which is now hard to find. He talked about deer over browsing a lot of plants. When you start taking pieces out of an ecosystem there are consequences

Over grazing and browsing by "ungulates" has been occurring all over the west for more than 100 years. Deer and elk are just the scapegoats for the real culprits.

Over grazing and browsing by "ungulates" has been occurring all over the west for more than 100 years. Deer and elk are just the scapegoats for the real culprits.
Indeed and the effects are beginning to become serious. Seriously serious. It takes some time and it will take some more to reverse it.

This thread is beginning to sound like it came from some other forum.

Hope that sign educated you but, did you ever wonder why half of this continent isn't under hundreds of feet of ice?
Maybe focus on the 4th and 5th lines for a second. Or don't.
Probably because we're not in an ice age???

Win some, lose some. Too soon to tell. Iā€™m speculating that in 10yrs this opinion piece wonā€™t be worth a goddamn more than it is today. Itā€™s looking like wildfire, precipitation, predator levels, waning hunter numbers are all going to impact the cervid population differently by then.

A 106 acre stand of aspens isn't chit. In Upper Michigan it's not uncommon for aspen stands to go on for miles.

There used to be massive aspen stands across the Rockies as well.

There's been a shift in western forest composition from when I was a kid until today, with Aspen being a big loser. Back in the early 2000's, WGFD went on an agency wide push to get into the aspen regeneration game, and as a result. the Wyoming Wildlife & Natural Resources Trust Fund was born to do just that - restore aspen & create multi-age secession stands of sagebrush steppe (in way oversimplified terms).

There used to be massive aspen stands across the Rockies as well.

There's been a shift in western forest composition from when I was a kid until today, with Aspen being a big loser. Back in the early 2000's, WGFD went on an agency wide push to get into the aspen regeneration game, and as a result. the Wyoming Wildlife & Natural Resources Trust Fund was born to do just that - restore aspen & create multi-age secession stands of sagebrush steppe (in way oversimplified terms).
Conifer encroachment.
Back when I was in college I viewed pictures of various areas of the west taken back at the turn of the century And modern pictures of the same area. It was pretty telling.

Wolves also eat elk and deer with hoof rot and CWD so are they helping or hurting trees when they do that?

I am getting ready to start a business of selling empty paint buckets. I am going to name it, ā€œFive gallons of wishful thinking that will save the world.ā€ It will only cost $99.99 to feel good for a little bit.

Gentlemen, I was also dubious until I watched -- Ice Age, The meltdown.-- Scary stuff ! ;)

Seriously, Canada, especially B.C. and Alberto have not escaped the beetle/forest problem, and we already have wolves and mountain lions. A lot of them.

Ben, Ken or Gerald will be along to add the proper meme to this post šŸ¤£

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back