Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wolves and lions will save the trees....

We don’t have allot of Aspens here in Northeastern CA. around the Susanville area. But, the Forest Service has been removing conifers around some of the stands we do have in hopes of creating more Aspen for the deer to browse. I was happy to hear they were trying to improve deer habitat. I never see any deer feeding in the stands we do have and there seem to be allot of new shoots coming up. Always wondered why they aren’t feeding on them.

We don’t have allot of Aspens here in Northeastern CA. around the Susanville area. But, the Forest Service has been removing conifers around some of the stands we do have in hopes of creating more Aspen for the deer to browse. I was happy to hear they were trying to improve deer habitat. I never see any deer feeding in the stands we do have and there seem to be allot of new shoots coming up. Always wondered why they aren’t feeding on them.
Good video on aspen restoration efforts in NE California.

Good video on aspen restoration efforts in NE California.
That is a good video. Glad to see they’re having such good success. They’re doing it on the Plumas NF also. I hope the Dixie fire helps the Aspen even more. The past fires we’ve had up here tend to be good for Aspens. Although I have seen some stands after fire be so dense I’m not sure it’s a good thing.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back