Wolf Poaching

Jesus, he just likes killing shit I suppose. I thought eagles had a much higher fine, or are the feds in the batters box to get him on those charges?

He'll go Fed with those. If he crossed state lines with the eagles I think they could hit him even harder.

Edit: Quote from USFWS, surprised they haven't amended the penalities with how long ago the last revision was:
"The 1972 amendments increased civil penalties for violating provisions of the Act to a maximum fine of $5,000 or one year imprisonment with $10,000 or not more than two years in prison for a second conviction. Felony convictions carry a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment."

List of current Fed protections above, doesn't even need to transport across state lines to violate the Lacey Act so they could come after him hard.

Potential ESA violation penalties they could get him on for the wolves, since de-listing hasn't been confirmed last I knew: https://www.fws.gov/endangered/laws-policies/section-11.html

Last edited:
Does anyone know if he is Native American? What would that do to the prosecution of this case? Chippewa county has a substantial population of Native Americans.

The 'likes to do it' part is a bit creepy. His defense will probably be, "It is either animals or it would have been people" If he truly enjoyed simply killing animals for killings sake, authorities may want to follow up on any missing persons reports in that area.

Even if he is native there is a specific procedure for procuring ceremonial necessary animals part (like eagle feathers). Pretty ridiculous amount of killing. 18 wolves in the Northern Midwest/Ontario area is a drop in the bucket. They should have LONG ago been delisted.

Yeah, and maybe the Montana Legislature could hire him to kill elk. Pretty sad when we celebrate a criminal.
Well sorry if you feel I was celebrating a criminal Mr. Serious. If I knew of anyone killing wolves in Wyoming illegally, I wouldn’t say a thing about it. I don’t hate them. But I don’t want Wyoming to be like Idaho either.

Well sorry if you feel I was celebrating a criminal Mr. Serious. If I knew of anyone killing wolves in Wyoming illegally, I wouldn’t say a thing about it. I don’t hate them. But I don’t want Wyoming to be like Idaho either.
I really doubt you’re sorry, and you were celebrating illegal actions. Don’t be pedantic and patronizing. Would it be okay if I knew someone was killing bighorns and didn’t say a word? Killing elk? Killing deer? Moose? Pronghorns? Maybe all of the above?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt you’re sorry, and you were celebrating illegal actions. Don’t be pedantic and patronizing. Would it be okay if I knew someone was killing bighorns and didn’t say a word? Killing elk? Killing deer? Moose? Pronghorns? Maybe all of the above?
That’s not the same thing. Don’t act like killing wolves is the same thing as killing elk and sheep. If a wolf gets poached, most of us hunters don’t care (except you). If one of our elk deer ect gets poached, we all care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back