Winchester 1886 50-100-450

shrapnel

Only a couple months ago, I didn’t even know this rifle existed. I was at a gun show and had a few of my Winchesters on display, and a guy came by and wondered if I would be interested in a 50 caliber Winchester.

I told him I was interested and wanted to see it. He brought it by the next day and it was a real nice gun. I had to sell some guns to help pay the new gun, but it was worth it. It letters with 14 special order features…

FE0C505B-D96D-4155-A545-1CACC02F0A36.jpeg0E12DCA2-2181-47AF-A5F7-70D5214FEB78.jpegF67B9A6C-1C47-49AE-A054-4E3E55A44DE3.jpeg

I don't think you had enough gun for that ground squirrel!

Beautiful rifle as always!

Only a couple months ago, I didn’t even know this rifle existed. I was at a gun show and had a few of my Winchesters on display, and a guy came by and wondered if I would be interested in a 50 caliber Winchester.

I told him I was interested and wanted to see it. He brought it by the next day and it was a real nice gun. I had to sell some guns to help pay the new gun, but it was worth it. It letters with 14 special order features…

View attachment 278044View attachment 278045View attachment 278046
Rifle looks great. I like the wood finish. Congratulations mate.

Beautiful rifle for sure, quite the find. That is a black powder cartridge, correct?
Yes, it was originally a black powder cartridge developed in a smokeless era. It was too late to really be an accepted chambering and had a small following, which makes it so rare. There were only 321 1886 rifles made in this caliber and this is probably the only one with 14 special order features that letter to the gun…4469E074-6125-45AA-A01E-8B3FB7BD982B.jpeg

Wow, that is one amazing rifle!!! I really like that the first thing you do with a new gun is go out and shoot something with it.

What a great rifle. You sure got lucky when that guy walked up to you. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for letting us see that rare and awesome condition rifle. Amazing that it is in excellent condition after so many years.
I have a Winchester Model 71, which I believe the .348 Win case was designed from the 50-100.

That's awesome, shrapnel. I love those old BP cartridges.

I always look at old guns like that and wonder who carried them, where they've been and what game they've taken. Truly a piece of history.

Back