Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wife refuses to eat elk meat

My daughter has some pigs. She decided that one of them, named Jack, needed to go away. She couldn't find anyone to take Jack off her hands, so he somehow found his way to the butcher. She asked if she could store Jack in my freezer and I agreed as long as I could take some for myself. My wife was addiment that we will not be eating any part of Jack because she had an emotional attachment to him and was sadden by his sudden demise.

Funny thing is, it turns out, she can't tell the difference between store bought pork and Jack.

I have been hunting for over 50 years and have butchered many elk and deer in that time. I personally am not a fan of elk or deer as table fair.
With that said, My wife and I can smell wild meat no matter how it is cooked or processed even in sausage and such. She will eat a LITTLE but there is no fooling her. By the way, I like moose and antelope, wild bison Is to die for.

I have been hunting for over 50 years and have butchered many elk and deer in that time. I personally am not a fan of elk or deer as table fair.
With that said, My wife and I can smell wild meat no matter how it is cooked or processed even in sausage and such. She will eat a LITTLE but there is no fooling her. By the way, I like moose and antelope, wild bison Is to die for.
I never understood the issue of wild game smelling like wild game. I'm not criticizing you. Just pointing out that if you want it to smell like beef, buy beef. Ever get a whiff of store bought pork? Woof.

Wild game has a different smell/ flavor, as it should. You are what you eat, same goes for the animals we feed on. Embrace the fact that it has a distinct smell and flavor. That's what makes it special.

Well use it in stuff like spaghetti stir fry, chili, and other heavily seasoned recipes. You can also add fat to ground meat beef or pork, I've also heard of people grinding in bacon as well. With my sister all we had to do is tell her it was beef and she liked it it was all in her head.

Maybe your next wife will like it. jk

Mrs. Fan loves antelope and Elk. Not a fan of venison. I'm on the hunt for white tail this year to see if it will work for her. She's not a fan of water fowl, so that's an issue.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back