Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WI Hunt

TBinKodiak

Well while Moosie and IB were up here I was back in WI doing a little hunting. My father owns 85 acres and he, my brother and 2 uncles have another 120 acre chunk. The area of west-central WI we hunt in was in an earn a buck unit this fall, which means you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck. I shot my doe ealy Sunday morning then shot a small 8 point Sunday afternoon that was running with 3 other bucks and 3 or 4 doe. It was one of those deals where you have about 3 seconds to decide and he didn't give me a front or rear view so I couldn't tell how wide he was. I saw the tine length and just figured he'd have the width, well that and he was out there at 325 yards. Of course I saw a bigger buck on Tuesday, but that's hunting. I was actually sitting with my grandfather when I shot that buck so I'm getting a european mount done, because who knows if I'll have that chance again. I was there to hang out with family and friends and to have a good time, which I did. We did alright as a group (8 guys total) and ended up with 5 bucks and 8 or 9 does, biggest buck was an 11 pointer with 16" inside spread. This picture doesn't include all the deer, because the weather was unseasonably warm and we had to clean out the meat pole Monday afternoon. Like I said nothing too spectacular but a fun hunt just the same. Mine's the tight racked one in the middle.

WIDeerHunt06-1.jpg

WIDeerHunt06-3.jpg

Here's one of my grandfather with my great-grandfather's 1894 Win 30-30 he purchased in 1932 or 33.

WIDeerHunt06-Chet.jpg

Reminds me of a little song ..... My name is Cuban Pete, I got ten tons of swinging meat ... boom, chicky, boom chicky, boom chicky, boom !

Way to put the smack on those Wisconsin whiteys.

Way to bend the pole (once again Schmalts, if you have ask...). Sounds like a great hunt and great time with the fam.

mtmiller said:
Way to bend the pole (once again Schmalts, if you have ask...). .
Once again, i have no clue what your talking about..
Nice pile of deer! that one looks like a good solid 10 point

Thats a Butload of crap of deer on that pole !!!!!

As Opposed to MtMillers Pole that just has a Buttload of crap on it !!!

I was wishing you were there when we got off the Puddle jumper in Kodiak but looks like you definately had a better time in WI !!! Kudos on the trip and thanx a Million again for the driving around you did for us !

Moosie said:
Thats a Butload of crap of deer on that pole !!!!!

As Opposed to MtMillers Pole that just has a Buttload of crap on it !!!
I don't care who you are that's funny right there.

Thank you all.

They say you can never go back, but when it comes to WI deer camp Traditions set the rules and very little changes. In our camp the first 2 days are spent on stand, then it becomes a group effort with deer drives for the rest of the season. Of course late afternoons are spent enjoying beverages and discussing what went wrong, what went right, and how to do it better tomorrow. A lot different than here, not better or worse just different. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back