Why do you like your gaiters?

I didn't use mine much this year because of mild weather. But I will wear them if I head to the EXPO. mtmuley

I have a pair of hillsound gaitors. They are by far my favorites so far. They have a zipper instead of Velcro which I love, and I also love the way they attach to my boot laces. The hook comes up from the bottom instead of over the top so it’s virtually impossible for them to come unhooked from my laces. I’ve only had them for a year so time will tell but loving them so far.
They look legit

What's the best time to get stuff on sale? I'm looking to get into deer and duck hunting.

Also what exactly do I need?

I'm in Massachusetts.

I prefer Kuiu or OR. I’ve had several pairs of each, I can’t get any to last more than a couple years, and are usually held together with electrical tape by the time I toss them.

I’ve used kuiu’s yukon gaiters for the last several years. They’ve worked great for me. They’re breathable, durable, comfortable and keep my legs and feet dry. Do everything you want a gaiter to do. Once they wear out I plan on buying another pair. Haven’t owned another pair of gaiters so I have nothing to compare them to.

I've worn out 3 or 4 different sets of Kuiu gaiters. They just didn't last. I realize Im tough on gear, but I finally gave up on them. I like them but it doesn't do me any good if they don't last. Prior to that I tried Outdoor Vision Gaiters. They didn't even last one trip. I've been wearing Peax this year and so far and I don't have any complaints. I guess check back with me in 2 years for a real opinion but so far so good.
they sure look well made

Gaiters are great for stream crossings and will keep your feet dry as long as you cross relatively quickly. Did find out last year though that you want to make sure your pants don't extend down near the bottom under them in very wet conditions. Following a couple of days of rainy weather and wading through thick grouse berry vegetation my pants wicked up moisture under the gaiters and completely soaked into my boots and socks. I use the Hillspound gaiters which have a zip-down from the top feature that is great for getting them on.

I have used the Sitka ones for like 5 years and they held up to everything I tossed at them. I bought the updated pair also but so far my older ones are still going strong. I think I am going to break the new ones out for Alaska this august. See how they do and if I like them use them for BC also. The older set I will retire for just using while we run hounds. The scenting the last few weeks have been fantastic and we been killing the shit out of yotes. But honestly there isnt enough snow to need gaiters but I wear them anyway to keep my pants from catching on brush.

I have a pair of kennetrek gators that I like a lot. Granted, I don’t use them a whole lot but when I do they work well.

Any suggestions on gaiters for 5'3" sitting at around 165ish

I'm looking at some sites and they're saying height is around 5'8" for most of their "regular sizes"

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back