MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Why do you hunt?

It's deeper than I can explain in ten words!

It's a primal desire. From the thrill of the adventure, to the delicious results, it is unsurpassable in enjoyment. Not many things get sweeter with greater difficulty, but the tougher the hunt, the sweeter the success, better the stories, and a stronger yearn to return.

Instinct and satisfaction in harvesting subsistence, whether garden or game.

I love hunting in that it is a fantastic connection to nature. Even if I come home empty handed its a great time outdoors. As for the other question... I avoid talking about it to people who believe hunting is immoral. I know I won't convince them of anything and the entire conversation is pointless.

Being pretty new to hunting, why I started:
Learn a new skill to improve self-reliance, have new experiences, and it looked fun.

Now that I’ve been at it a couple years, why I continue:
It unlocked a whole new layer to the outdoors. I’ve been outdoorsy my whole life, but there’s so much out there that I had never seen before because I wasn’t paying attention. It’s like trying to solve a very complex puzzle/riddle, mixed with a damn good hike, a stress shoot, and if I’m lucky it ends with food!

I’ll borrow what the late, great Tom McIntyre said: Because it puts me in my place, in every sense of that phrase.
Probably the most profound thing I’ve ever read in this dumpster fire. Great stuff!

I hunt to experience nature, for the challenge, for the meat, and for the fellowship/ camaraderie with friends.

I hunt because the person who tries to limit my beer consumption won't be there to regulate.

Back